• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Music fans - interesting stats

As someone who runs a small independent record label, I welcome the publication of these figures. I think it's good that people know how much (or little) money is made by musicians - it hammers home the importance of supporting bands you like when they're out on tour, and of buying albums/merch direct from bands/labels wherever possible.

As someone who runs a small independent record label, I welcome the publication of these figures. I think it's good that people know how much (or little) money is made by musicians - it hammers home the importance of supporting bands you like when they're out on tour, and of buying albums/merch direct from bands/labels wherever possible.

Is this why Chris Martin writes charity slogans on his hands - because he is skint?

Is this why Chris Martin writes charity slogans on his hands - because he is skint?
Obviously Coldplay and their ilk are among the elite who make considerably more than the equivalent of minimum wage via their album sales. They inhabit a different world to every musician I've ever met.

I'd buy more music if artists made better albums, instead of sticking 4 singles and 8 tracks of garbage onto a disc and charging £12 for the pleasure.

I'd buy more music if artists made better albums, instead of sticking 4 singles and 8 tracks of garbage onto a disc and charging £12 for the pleasure.

quite possibly the best (worst) example of this is the Cheryl Cole album. I had the (dis)pleasure of listening to this 'masterpiece' when driving one day. It is truly dreadful, the writing/production on the 'album' tracks is dreadful. It's an album for an albums sake... the packaging for a few singles. There is no substance or interest, just a vacuum of autotune and budget sound effects.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/cheryl/3words

Chili peppers have been guilty of that the last few albums, releasing like 5 or 6 singles! Stop it please!!

Back