• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Music Magpie: A Warning

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Be wary of these rip off merchants, if your goods are defective in any way, like a cracked case or if they say the disc is damaged they will not pay what they've promised AND THEY WON'T RETURN YOUR GOODS

Daylight Robbery.com

They don't pay anywhere near what some CDs are worth as well, be very careful you don't sell something for peanuts that could sell for a lot more on ebay etc.

All they do is stick the CDs on Amazon. Something anyone can do - check prices of your CD on Amazon first. Amazon is great for selling CDs, you dont pay anyone, and there's no deadline...Ive sold CDs for £15 on there.

I sold a load of old guff on Music Magpie, including some cds given to me in Germany, each of them got me something like £5 each. I would've been lucky to get 50p each on eBay or Amazon. Flip side to everything I guess.

I was quite relieved to be offered 30p for "Be Here Now" by Oasis and put that little episode of my life to bed.

Hello all!

I spotted this thread and thought I'd drop in.

In response to the first post of rejecting items that don't meet our standards and not sending back damaged items:

Due to the sheer volume of goods received by us every day, it is simply unfeasable to send badly damaged items back. We have this in place in our terms and conditions to essentially put people off sending any old, battered thing to us. After all, we have paid for the freepost/courier for the customer to send it to us in the first place. Even when we do reject items, please let me assure you that we only reject the worst of the worst, ie these criteria:

a) The disk or artwork is missing
b) The disk or artwork are water damaged, torn or badly scratched

Even if the case is broken and the disk is lightly scratched due to general wear and tear, we will accept it and pay the customer. We have rejected less than 0.5% of all items we have ever received.

Regarding post #3:

Yes I admit it is disheartening to find out that the DVD you paid £15 for in HMV 3 years ago we will pay 75p for. We pay what we can going off current market rates. We pay a minimum of 30p and a maximum of £3 for CD/DVD (Up to £15 for games). You'll find a lot of the items we pay 30p for can be bought on Amazon for 1p + postage, so in our opinion these are fair offers.

Yes, you may get more on eBay, but as we all know it's a bit of a gamble, you don't know what you'll be paid, you have to pay postage and ridiculous fees and charges, and it may not even sell. Infact, you may very well end up with a loss.

Not forgetting that you'd have to list, sell and post these items individually which can take hours or even days depending on how many things you're selling. musicMagpie is all about the convenience of a guaranteed sale, and getting rid all in one easy go.

Our official review site is Feefo, and all the people who have reviewed there are actually real, genuine, bonafide customers of ours. Feefo prides itself on it's reviews being completely un-edited, so whatever the customer says goes.

Here is a link:

http://www.feefo.com/reviews/wwwmusicmagpiecouk_null/?internal=true&id=103959

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards

James@musicMagpie

Blimey, now there is prompt customer service / relations for you!!

But musicMagpie, what I would like to know is whether you favour a 4-3-3 with two holding midfielders sheilding the back 4, or the more conventional 4-4-2 with 2 traditional wingers......

But musicMagpie, what I would like to know is whether you favour a 4-3-3 with two holding midfielders sheilding the back 4, or the more conventional 4-4-2 with 2 traditional wingers......

A pertinent question and one that I feel should be answered post-haste!

:stunned: Shrimperzone goes all Watchdog.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to go all "Rogue Traders" on you :)

You got me! Football isn't my strongest subject admittedly, but after a quick ask around and the office, the conventional 4-4-2 is favoured due to it's strength, although the Christmas Tree formation is sometimes preferred during the festive period.

yeah musicMagpie - Bart or Flavs? Freddy back or get over it?

All they do is stick the CDs on Amazon. Something anyone can do - check prices of your CD on Amazon first. Amazon is great for selling CDs, you dont pay anyone, and there's no deadline...Ive sold CDs for £15 on there.

I'm having on look on Amazon and its telling me there are fees!

Amazon fees and postage usually equate to roughly 25% of the final sale price. For example for a £19.99 + postage item you will will receive £17.36 off amazon. It will then cost you the price of a Large Letter stamp and a jiffy to post. See attached screenshot:

untitled.jpg

Sorry to ask what must be an obvious question... but what do you do with this large stockpile of CD's, DVD's and games you must accumalate?

Sorry to ask what must be an obvious question... but what do you do with this large stockpile of CD's, DVD's and games you must accumalate?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they sell them.

I understand they're being turned into a great big shiny mobile that David Cameron is building in Iceland to get all the travellers, diddykois and gypsys to follow like the Pied Piper of Hamlin.

I understand they're being turned into a great big shiny mobile that David Cameron is building in Iceland to get all the travellers, diddykois and gypsys to follow like the Pied Piper of Hamlin.

Sounds like a plan, anything to entice a few thousand muslims to tag along too

Back