• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Musical Kryptonite

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Some soft **** in the office has just inflicted The Carpenters - Greatest Hits on us all by whacking it on the office stereo.

I now have the headphones on and Metallica's 'One' turned up extraordinarily loud.

I feel better, but I'm still in shock. The Carpenters are my musical kryptonite. Repeated exposure could actually kill me.

What's your musical kryptonite?

A bit of an obvious one would be Westlife. Less obvious, but almost as execrable, would be The Feeling.

Good shout with Metallica, I listened to their eponymous album the other week for the first time in yonks. Not normally 'music to do the washing up by', but it worked pretty well, surprisingly.

Thats pretty shocking slipper

I cant say that one singer/band irretates me more than another but these are a few of my despised acts

Sean Paul - Bloke mumbles lyrics

Any clown produced through X-Factor or equivilent - you've had your 15mins of fame now p*ss off!!

Celine Dion - That Titanic song did go on and on!!

I'll add some more after my car journey home this evening.

Celine Dion. When I hear her, I can feel my body working out how to burst my own ear drums in order to stop the pain. James Blunt has pretty much the same effect on me.

On that basis, a Celine Dion / James Blunt duet would almost certainly cause massive internal bleeding followed by a swift death.

:minger:

And now... for today's terrible confession... I don't mind The Carpenters. In fact, I've always thought that Karen Carpenter had an amazing voice.

:o

Not a bad call by Ux with Westlife / Feeling. You know how snow is cool, but when it turns to slush, it's really irritating? Westlife / Feeling are musical slush.

:thump:

Matt

I have particular resentment of her.

During the Summer of 98 my brother played in a talent contest. His act was a 3 piece band, they did a couple of numbers and got a great reaction from the crowd, you cant beat live music. We were then endured to no word of a lie 4 girls who all individually got up and sang that Celine Dion track.

I must admit a large amount of the audience were shocked when one of them won I mean what is the world coming to when someone can just stand up and sing to a backing track and win a talent contest over a band that write they're own music, sing they're own songs and play musical instruments!!

A bit of an obvious one would be Westlife. Less obvious, but almost as execrable, would be The Feeling.

Good shout with Metallica, I listened to their eponymous album the other week for the first time in yonks. Not normally 'music to do the washing up by', but it worked pretty well, surprisingly.

Do you have any plates left?

Band - Savage Garden. I find their blandness and inoffensiveness deeply offensive. They are possibly blander than Westzone and Boylife. That is just plain wrong.

Song- Celine Dion's Titanic themetune. No wonder the captain steered straight into the iceberg. This also explains the kamikaze nature of Chinese bus drivers, as this evil is continually blared out of the speakers. It gives a new meaning to Chinese Water Torture.

for me it has to be Coldplay and James Blunt, the musical equivelant of a comfy armchair I.E: just start dozing off to.

Neither imo are hard enough hitting in their genre and actually are just plain boring

Any kind of insanely over the top Thrash Metal... Really can't see how shouting can be considered musical.

As mentioned above - Celine Dion and especially that Titanic song. If you listen to the words she repeatedly sings the line "on and on" as "on dan don"

Also anything by Whitney Housten has me looking for the noose, why does she have to warble to every song instead of just singing it?

:guns: :guns: :guns: :flamer:

/\
||
Celine Dion

Good call on Mika, reminds me of Gareth Gates and Spirit in the sky for some reason.

Amy Winehouse - Nasty ugly fekkin moose that she is.

Apart from her looks, or lack thereof, it's the way in which she gone all commercial that gets up my nose. In one of her first interviews for London local TV some two and a half years ago she swore blind that she wouldn't change her mix of traditional and contemporary jazz for the sake of stardom. Clearly the sorry old bint has forgotten all about her early days of playing the clubs and pubs and that just plainly hacks me off.

Plus, her voice is cack!

Back