• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
Apparently the ragheads are now getting all upset because the 2012 London Olympics clashes with Ramadan, putting Muslim athletes at a disadvantage and preventing people from watching the games.

Islamic Human Rights Commission chairman Massoud Shadjareh, said: "They would not have organised this at Christmas. It is equally stupid to organise it at Ramadan. It shows a complete lack of awareness and sensitivity. This is going to disadvantage the athletes and alienate the Asian communities by saying they don't matter. It's not only going to affect the participants it's going to affect all the people who want to watch the Games. They won't want to travel during Ramadan and they won't want to watch sport. It's a spiritual time."

When is all this going to stop? Isn't it about time modern man kicked religion into touch - Christianity, Islam, whatever - and realise that he is his OWN person. No-one controls him. No perceived cloud of gas controls him. Religion is the root of all evil in this world. Al Qaeda fights on behalf of Islam (even though moderate Muslims don't want them to). The USA fights on behalf on Christianity (even though moderate Christians don't want them to). Together they are destroying the very fabric of society, the threads that hold us together. The late 20th Century was all about nuclear war and armageddon and through diplomacy (and a couple of stand-offs) that threat was defeated. But we've simply replaced that with violent religious wars that, again, nobody but those few who are waging them, actually want.

I always thought one of the main parts to being a top athlete in peak condition was not to eat too much during the day? Ramadan will give them an edge if anything!

I suggest we locate every radical activist - of whatever religion - and give them a subscription to that bastion of tolerance, the Daily Mail. That would at least keep us happy if not them. It's just a shame Woodrow Wyatt, "The Voice Of Reason" isn't about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 15 2006,10:52)]Religion is the root of all evil in this world.
Honestly Mike, you can present better arguments than prejudice driven sound bites like that. If we are going to have a sound-bite driven thread, then a  rather more accurate one would be:

Evil people are the root of all evil in this world.

PS - stop whinging and get back onto PlayForYourClub, we need you!

Simple tell the muslims to f%&k off! call me racist? GOOD! cause I f%&king am to an extent and proud!

other people on this board tip toe around it but not me!

Got one!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 15 2006,10:52)]Islamic Human Rights Commission chairman Massoud Shadjareh, said: "They would not have organised this at Christmas........ "
Fair point though! Whilst the games are being held here, a non-Muslim country, it is a global event. If a future Olympics is held in a Muslim country and they have it right over Christmas there would be complaints.

Personally though as an atheist I couldn't give a monkeys when it's held. Also, as an atheist, I'm broadly in agreement with Xabia Shrimper - if there was no religion in this world there would be far fewer wars!

Simple answer, if it bothers them that much, why dont they change Ramadan, have it in October or something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Oct. 15 2006,12:59)]Simple answer, if it bothers them that much, why dont they change Ramadan, have it in October or something.
laugh.gif

Super.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 15 2006,11:43)]Simple tell the muslims to f%&k off! call me racist? GOOD! cause I f%&king am to an extent and proud!

not sure there is any need for that!!

Sure this thread is going to go the same as all the others and be locked in the not too distant future.... suprised we haven't had more posts this week about the teaching assistant and her veil and the BA and the woman with her cross
smile.gif

I was drawn to the attention of an echo headline from a few weeks back by a friend of mine, it read "MUSLIM TAXI DRIVER BANS GUIDE DOG" or words to that effect. It highlights the problem in this country about how the media is trying to hype us into a frenzy about religion and extremists and so on. The story was totally irellevent to the fact that he was a muslim - you wouldn't have seen "Jewish taxi driver" or "sikh taxi driver" !!

Don't listen to the hype, certainly don't beleive it and don't fall for the fishing
smile.gif

The premise of the summer Olympics is that they are held in summer in the hemisphere they are held in. Therefore if you look bact at Athens, Atlanta, Barcelona, Moscow etc they have all been held in the first two weeks of August.

Besides which Ramadan has never stopped England cricket tours to countries like Bangladesh & Pakistan. Therefore it should not stop the Olympics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Oct. 15 2006,13:05)]Sure this thread is going to go the same as all the others and be locked in the not too distant future.... suprised we haven't had more posts this week about the teaching assistant and her veil and the BA and the woman with her cross  
smile.gif
Go to the BBC news website and watch her interview, it's a classic.
Listen to her try and say 'alienating' and 'intimidating', and she's a teachers assistant!
Also when asked 'did you wear the veil at the interview for the job' (sic) she replies 'I don't understand the question'!
Another case of people knowing their rights but not their responsibilities.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Oct. 15 2006,20:25)]Ramdan's in October.
rock.gif
It ends in October this year...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]According to the fuqaha – Islamic jurists and legislators – in 2006 the month of Ramadan (1427 AH) began on September 23 (Middle East, East Africa, North Africa and West Africa) and September 24 elsewhere (including Turkey, North America, Southeast Asia, and the rest of the Middle East). In Pakistan, excluding some parts of NWFP Province, it was September 25. In NWFP it was September 25. It will last through October 22 or October 23.

This is due to it being...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the ninth month of the Islamic (Hijri) calendar, established in the year 638

It changes every year because...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar, and months begin when the first crescent of a new moon is sighted. Since the Islamic lunar calendar year is 11 to 12 days shorter than the solar year, Ramadan migrates throughout the seasons. The estimated start and end dates for Ramadan are as follows:

* 1426 AH – First day: October 4, 2005; last day: November 2, 2005
* 1427 AH – First day: September 24, 2006; last day: October 23, 2006
* 1428 AH – First day: September 13, 2007; last day: October 12, 2007
* 1429 AH – First day: September 2, 2008; last day: October 1, 2008

In 1434 AH or 2012 CE, Ramadan is due to begin on 9th July and end with Eid Al-Fitr on 8th August.

The 2012 Olympics will be held 27th July – 12th August 2012 inclusive.

Now, its interesting that this comment has been picked up. There have been many sporting, political, entertainment etc events that coincide with Ramadan in recent history and will up to the 2012 Olympics in GB.

The way I see it is further stirring up of an already hostile situation by people who want to further increase tensions in this country.

How are we ever going to resolve the worlds problems when we are determined to make things worse for ourselves at every given oppatunity!

Stop the maddness!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 15 2006,11:43)]Simple tell the muslims to f%&k off! call me racist? GOOD! cause I f%&king am to an extent and proud!

Personally I think all the Scotts should get out of my country. Bloody Scotts telling us what to do and think. This is England, not Scottland!
wink.gif

By the way, don't take this personally, but you are talking through your arse on this issue, mate. If anything, politicial activists preying on people's fears and prejudices should bugger off and have their nether regions cut off and stuffed down their throats.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Oct. 16 2006,00:52)]
[b said:

Personally I think all the Scotts should get out of my country. Bloody Scotts telling us what to do and think. This is England, not Scottland!
wink.gif

By the way, don't take this personally, but you are talking through your arse on this issue, mate. If anything, politicial activists preying on people's fears and prejudices should bugger off and have their nether regions cut off and stuffed down their throats.
Vote UKIP thats what I say!

you may think I talk bollox fair enough but at least I have the balls to say what alot of people are thinking who wont come out and say!

You might think it's a lot of people thinking what you say. I would suggest it's a tiny minority.

I'd much rather a good, decent, Muslim asylum seeker stay in this country than a violent, ignorant, British-born atheist (which I'm not suggesting anyone here is, by the way). But hey I'm just a crazy guy with crazy ideas in this crazy world.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Oct. 16 2006,01:31)]You might think it's a lot of people thinking what you say. I would suggest it's a tiny minority.

I'd much rather a good, decent, Muslim asylum seeker stay in this country than a violent, ignorant, British-born atheist (which I'm not suggesting anyone here is, by the way). But hey I'm just a crazy guy with crazy ideas in this crazy world.
Personaly I would like to be like Australia they take pride in their national identity and don't sell out to every other country in the world!

Back