• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Now embassies have started to burn across the world, and mass flag burning occuring in Muslims states... All this over a political satire cartoon.

Seeing as both western and eastern nations like to shy away from Double Standards, next time Bin Laden, Abu Hamza or any other Muslim extremist appears on television threatening us with acts of terrorism, I'll dance in the middle of trafalgar square burning a Iraqi flag on my way to Burn a Mosque...

Yet i bet i'll get more Jail time than the Rioters do collectively...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 04 2006,19:27)]Now embassies have started to burn across the world, and mass flag burning occuring in Muslims states... All this over a political satire cartoon.

Seeing as both western and eastern nations like to shy away from Double Standards, next time Bin Laden, Abu Hamza or any other Muslim extremist appears on television threatening us with acts of terrorism, I'll dance in the middle of trafalgar square burning a Iraqi flag on my way to Burn a Mosque...

Yet i bet i'll get more Jail time than the Rioters do collectively...
I bet your right.

I don't see why they are so upset, aint then seen South Park!!! If anyones watched season 8 and 9 its constantly bought up.

I think this is going to esculate into a war (again), its on the cards, and i'm pretty much getting fed up of it. Every night you turn the T.V on and someone had blown up something or someone, and i wished it would all just stop, its just religion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pakistan's foreign ministry says it has summoned envoys of nine Western countries to protest about the cartoons.

Meanwhile, Iran has said it may cancel trade contracts with those European countries whose papers published the cartoons

It may seem a radical view, as most ppl in England are scared to say what they think, but 1) Tell the Pakistanis to forget the cartoons, and please take back all the ones living in England.
2) Cancel the contracts and let them try and thrive asa country without any money from the west.

Anyone else of the same opinion?

These riots are pathetic. I'm not a christian, but people take the mick out of CHristianity all the time and you don't see them rioting like that. Talk about over-sensitive, I reckon they're just trying to find an excuse to cause trouble
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 05 2006,07:05)]I reckon they're just trying to find an excuse to cause trouble
rock.gif
Exactly. The extremists rioting are the ones who have been waiting for this to happen. Its given them the oppurtunity and cause to behave like this and cause incovenience, where as other muslims are condemning the riots as petty overreactions...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 05 2006,07:05)]but people take the mick out of CHristianity all the time and you don't see them rioting like that.
have they never seen Father Ted
tounge.gif

These rioters are slowly and slowly p%&sing everyone off with their unbeleivable acts and vile slogans up and down the world.

As for the c%&t wearing the suicide bombers outfit, he should be told to leave the country along with all the other cheaky ones bearing the anti Europe slogans and threats.

I am all for free speach but this is taking the p%&s now and wearing the good English people down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2006,20:41)]As for the c%&t wearing the suicide bombers outfit, he should be told to leave the country along with all the other cheaky ones bearing the anti Europe slogans and threats.
"A man who dressed as a suicide bomber during a protest about cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad has apologised for his behaviour. Omar Khayam, 22, from Bedford, "wholeheartedly" apologised to the families of the 7 July bombings. He likened his own "insensitive" behaviour to the "provocative and controversial" cartoon publication."

One thing that troubles me somewhat.

A couple of years ago a few hundred riot police wasted no time in wading into an otherwise peaceful pro-hunt protest and making arrests in response to a number of placards stating "No Ban" etc. Yet extremists Muslims can demonstrate quite happily with the police closing roads to allow them to make their protest, despite a number of placards stating that "Europe will burn in hell", "Bin Laden is coming", etc. Sorry, but that makes no sense!!

mad.gif

WS
Jávea

I like the little cartoon strip in todays sun, its has a group of Muslims protesting with the signs 'Death to all who insult us' etc and the police pulling someone over with the slogan 'Excuse me love, you strayed into the bus lane, thats a very serious offence'

Not far from the truth of todays police

no that just wouldnt happen. They would all be hiding in lay bys trying to catch an Englishman doing 33 in a 30.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 04 2006,19:27)]next time Bin Laden, Abu Hamza or any other Muslim extremist appears on television threatening us with acts of terrorism, I'll dance in the middle of trafalgar square burning a Iraqi flag on my way to Burn a Mosque...
Point of order it would be more appropriate to use the Saudi Arabian flag as Osama Bin Laden is a Saudi or the Egyptian flag as Abu Hamza originates from there.

Strange really that Bin Laden only got involved when he got a bit peed off that the Americans were allowed to setup camp in Saudia after the Kuwait situation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo @ Feb. 05 2006,01:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pakistan's foreign ministry says it has summoned envoys of nine Western countries to protest about the cartoons.

Meanwhile, Iran has said it may cancel trade contracts with those European countries whose papers published the cartoons

It may seem a radical view, as most ppl in England are scared to say what they think, but 1) Tell the Pakistanis to forget the cartoons, and please take back all the ones living in England.
2) Cancel the contracts and let them try and thrive asa country without any money from the west.

Anyone else of the same opinion?
As far as Iran goes you seem to be getting confused over their threats to cancel orders. It is a fact that Iran spends billions in the west on everything from comsuer goods through to oil industry machinery and products. Therefore it would be industry and countries throughout Europe and Britain in particular who would be massively out of pocket with cancellation of any trade deals. Plus of course any subsequent job losses which could occur.

I am a little confused here.
Can someone explain the difference , in terms of inciting racial hatred, the difference between a placard saying " opponents of islam must die" and publishing something which rips the p**s out of someones religion / culture ?

it seems to me that both are equally wrong.

As for the "send them home if they don't like our culture" etc comments, IIRC all the damage to property is being done in Muslim countries against Western Embassies. Whose culture ? Who should go home ?

I think what gets to a lot of people is that the demonstrators are able to wave placards like "Europe your 9/11 is coming" etc. But a single person reading a list of those British soldiers killed in Iraq at the Cenotaph feels the full force of the law. Whisked off in a meat wagon accompanied by numerous of the Mets finest to cope a fine and a criminal record.

No even handedness there.

I see the suicide bomber in fancy dress is an ex drug dealer..Not very Islamic there then.
A nice touch would have been some one dressing up as a Met copper and pretending to pop half a dozen bullets in his head. Though you would probably get 5 years for that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,08:25)]I think what gets to a lot of people is that the demonstrators are able to wave placards like "Europe your 9/11 is coming" etc. But a single person reading a list of those British soldiers killed in Iraq at the Cenotaph feels the full force of the law. Whisked off in a meat wagon accompanied by numerous of the Mets finest to cope a fine and a criminal record.

I think the difference there is in embarrassing the government....

There always seems to be a greater force in cases like that.
I mean how many other robbers got the sentence Ronnie Biggs got ? but he turned over the Royal Mail

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Feb. 07 2006,08:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,08:25)]I think what gets to a lot of people is that the demonstrators are able to wave placards like "Europe your 9/11 is coming" etc. But a single person reading a list of those British soldiers killed in Iraq at the Cenotaph feels the full force of the law. Whisked off in a meat wagon accompanied by numerous of the Mets finest to cope a fine and a criminal record.

I think the difference there is in embarrassing the government....

There always seems to be a greater force in cases like that.
I mean how many other robbers got the sentence Ronnie Biggs got ? but he turned over the Royal Mail
Very true.
Another case in point is the bloke that is camped outside Parliament protesting about Iraq since the end of 2002. Even with the laws the government introduced, which caused the cenotaph protester to be removed & arrested, the police are powerless to do any thing about this bloke.

Free speech in Blairs Britain discus.....
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,09:05)]Free speech in Blairs Britain discus.....
rock.gif
Try living in China and posting remarks about the government on a website.

Back