• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mvoto

Clinton Baptiste

Life President⭐
From the echo online

"Tilson also confirmed that the club had reached a deal with Sunderland to bring back Jean Yves M’Voto on loan when he recovers from his hip injury."

This embargo we're supposed to be under is really strange? Under the embargo we're allowed to loan Morrison (and extend him), Malone, and Ibehre; and now negotiate a season long loan for M'Voto.

The only outward sign of an embargo is the Friend problem; which was back when we were still in dispute with HMRC, and the puzzling case of Ian Joyce.

It'll be interesting to see how this all comes out in the end!

the embargo doesn't seem to be about the HMRC, but about our use of 'emergency loans'.

This embargo we're supposed to be under is really strange? Under the embargo we're allowed to loan Morrison (and extend him), Malone, and Ibehre; and now negotiate a season long loan for M'Voto.

The only outward sign of an embargo is the Friend problem; which was back when we were still in dispute with HMRC, and the puzzling case of Ian Joyce.

It'll be interesting to see how this all comes out in the end!
Very easy really, Martin comes out and says,we are under a embargo, or we are not, how hard is it. Its not like fans want to know the inner workings of the football club, if ever a chairman made a rod for his own back Martins is it.

Very easy really, Martin comes out and says,we are under a embargo, or we are not, how hard is it. Its not like fans want to know the inner workings of the football club, if ever a chairman made a rod for his own back Martins is it.

You are so right, it makes me think that something much bigger is going on at the club, or clearly Martin really doesn't have any respect for the supporters. Bring on the consortium. UTB

You are so right, it makes me think that something much bigger is going on at the club, or clearly Martin really doesn't have any respect for the supporters. Bring on the consortium. UTB

I am not advocating for RM one way or the other, but to say bring on an unknown consortium is IMO naive. You are obviously old enough to remember what happened when the Rubins sold out and we got Anton Johnson. I am now more wary about what I wish for.

I am not advocating for RM one way or the other, but to say bring on an unknown consortium is IMO naive. You are obviously old enough to remember what happened when the Rubins sold out and we got Anton Johnson. I am now more wary about what I wish for.
Not trying to speak for PP, but a lot of anti Martin feeling is borne of frustration, that the chairman seems unable to trust supporters with the truth,so comes out with a load waffle that doesnt really tell you anything. I to remember Johnson and god forbid we finish up with someone like him,but if Martin was to step down in favour of the consortium, one would hope they wouldnt have a Johnson among there ranks.

Not trying to speak for PP, but a lot of anti Martin feeling is borne of frustration, that the chairman seems unable to trust supporters with the truth,so comes out with a load waffle that doesnt really tell you anything. I to remember Johnson and god forbid we finish up with someone like him,but if Martin was to step down in favour of the consortium, one would hope they wouldnt have a Johnson among there ranks.

Agreed, it is frustrating that information is slowly drip fed. However & IIRC one of the consortium members was mooted to have been a former Blues chairman, and if that is the case it can only be Mark Rubin. And I for one would not be overly trusting where the Rubins are concerned.

Agreed, it is frustrating that information is slowly drip fed. However & IIRC one of the consortium members was mooted to have been a former Blues chairman, and if that is the case it can only be Mark Rubin. And I for one would not be overly trusting where the Rubins are concerned.

Spot on Harry. I too have heard it is Rubin.

Some of us have long memories on here.

As someone who is old enough to remember the "really dark days" I would also be careful in slagging off RM in favour of a fairly unknown set of individuals.
RM may not be the best [and indeed his "spinning" deliveries are often cringingly embarrassing],but at least we know him-we know his credentials-they may not be great-but we are still in business.
What do we really know about the credentials of "The Consortium"?
Better the devil you know?

I am quite happy to have Martin in charge, but he is own worst enemy, with his half truths,and rambling blogs that tell you not a great deal at all. Give us some concrete imformation, and prehaps fans wont draw the conclusion that Ron is fiddling while rome burns.

Back