• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My 20 hour day to watch the Blues

Csboy

Manager
Alarm went off at 4am, had to be at Stansted by 5.30 to get the 6.45 flight to Blackpool.

Was in Blackpool by 8am, had a walk along the seafront. Blackpool is a really great seaside resort and would have liked more time there(maybe they will go up and we can play them next season).

Arrived in Preston at 11am. Walked to the ground, went into the national Football Museum which was really interesting and met plenty of blues fans in there.

The game itself what can you say, games like that don't come along very often. We played superb and at 2-1 it looked like it would not be our day and we were as good as down. 4.55pm saw mass hysteria in the Southend end, two of the finest goals I've ever seen for Southend give us the points.
It was great going back to the station and seeing preston fans with long faces and hearing comments like 'well they didnt look like a bottom of the table side'.

Got the train back to Blackpool and had a few pints to celebrate.
Caught the 10pm flight back to Stansted and just got home on the stroke of midnight.

Now i'm very tired and my feet ache from all the walking i've done today but it was worth it.

Was this the same team that looked so embarrasing against Colu just 3 days ago! Maybe some race of aliens have taken over their bodies and turned them into superb footballers. becuase everyone who played for Southend today bar Eastwood was superb.

Great post, pleased you enjoyed the museum and our local resort, Blackpool.

As for the comments, you didn't look like a bottom side, your fans and your team were a credit to your club, a bit like your stadium so I've heard.

Proper football!!

My first season watching PNE was 86/87, the table finished with Northampton as champs, us 2nd and you 3rd. I think Aldershot came up in the play-offs.

my alarm went off at 4.50 but I couldn't be ar$ed to get out of bed . So I ended up 'burning' the ticket and driving up . Left at 9.30 and got home at 9.30 .

No alcohol all day so neither feet nor head ache !

Must have cost me about £90 , but each of those goals was worth £30 of anyone's money

Great post, pleased you enjoyed the museum and our local resort, Blackpool.

As for the comments, you didn't look like a bottom side, your fans and your team were a credit to your club, a bit like your stadium so I've heard.

Proper football!!

My first season watching PNE was 86/87, the table finished with Northampton as champs, us 2nd and you 3rd. I think Aldershot came up in the play-offs.

The last time I went to PNE was 86/87 season, you beat us 2-0 that day. The ground has changed a lot since then. Are there plans to put a new stand in on the unused area? The three new stands looked really good and with a 4th one it would look really good.

The last time I went to PNE was 86/87 season, you beat us 2-0 that day. The ground has changed a lot since then. Are there plans to put a new stand in on the unused area? The three new stands looked really good and with a 4th one it would look really good.

Yeah I think they have decided to finish the stadium off starting at the end of the season, I seem to remember there was some news story about it being the final game of that last stand a few weeks ago.

Lovely ground, especially with 3 recently built stands, as I said in my match report, it goes to show you can make a decent football ground with atmosphere and not these prefab morgues like Derby/Leicester!

Back