• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I thought I'd tell you all a story. My uncle (my mum's brother) died in 2001. He had a heart transplant in around 1989-1990 and his new heart was finally rejected about 12 years on. He had got to a point where he was on the strongest anti-rejection drugs possible, so there was nothing more the doctors could do for him.

A few years after he died my aunt met someone else who had recently lost his wife. After talking to him I worked out a number of things. Firstly he was quite a bit older than my aunt, but you wouldn't really know it, secondly he was worth a mint: he was a founder member of a very exclusive golf club, and despite being in his 70s he still played off 15. The third thing I worked out was that I couldn't stand the guy. He gave me the creeps and I simply didn't trust him. At family gatherings I went out of my way to avoid him, and so did my wife funnily enough.

Anyway, about a year ago my aunt was diagnosed with cancer. She has had various chemo etc but nothing is helping. I went to visit her in hospital a couple of weeks ago (taking my sister with) and didn't recognise her. She is so thin and weak. She really hasn't got long left. On the way home we were talking about my cousin who is an only child and how difficult it must be for her. I then asked my sister where the boyfriend was, to be told that as soon as my aunt was diagnosed he packed his bags an left. He didn't want anything to do with my aunt after that. Apparently he did the same to his wife before she died too.

This has left me fuming. Ok, I was right about him, but that pales into insignificance compared to the disdain I now have for him. How could any "man" do that? I would so love to meet up with him to give him a piece of my mind, and maybe a piece of a 7 iron too.

Last edited:
You're not alone mate. My (sort of) cousin was diagnosed with MS and when it got to the stage where she needed a nurse, her husband (a greasy teddy-boy type) run off with the nurse. Now they had twins - the boy stayed with his mum (who had a dreadful life and it would have been kinder to end her suffering earlier) whilst the girl went off with the dad & nurse.

As far as I'm aware the twins are still not reconcilled and the mum died 10+ years ago.

Families.

Some people are needy as in they need to be liked or loved or to be with someone to make them feel worth,he as you suspected is a male dangly thing or even a womans warm cave,she is best without him and lucky to have a fantastic nephew like you.

How's this for an amazing turn of events.

I drove down to Southend for the first game of the season (coming home from a holiday on the South Coast believe it or not), and went to visit my parents before the game. My mum asked me if I knew what had happened to the boyfriend. Apparently he died the previous weekend. I made a comment about it being devine retribution and my mum looked horified. I was about to have a go at my mum for defending this guy after what he had done, but instead explained why I didn't care.

My mum then explained that my sister had got completely the wrong end of the stick. Apparently there was only three weeks between his wife being diagnosed and dying, and he really struggled to deal with, but he never walked out. Also, when my aunt was diagnosed, he hung around, but was dealing with it so badly my aunt told him not to bother anymore. Moreover, when my cousin (who lives in Kent) visits my aunt (who lives in Ilford) she brings her three boys with and leaves them with another cousin of ours so that she can spend time alone with her mum. Apparently this really upset the boyfriend because he didn't get to see or spend any time with the boys, whom he treated like his own grandchildren.

So, it seems that my sister got it competely wrong and even though you lot don't know these people from Adam, I felt it necessary to set the record straight.

However, none of that changes the fact that I and my wife didn't like the guy.

Also, and my aunt is still hanging in there. Apparently she said to my mum last week, "It's taking a long time isn't it?"

Back