• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My brother and the blue belles (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gilbo

Manager
Just received an email from my brother on the subject of the blue belles which really seems to get on his nerves. It made me chuckle so I thought I'd share it with you. Please do not shoot the messenger!!!!!

Dear people of shrimperzone,

Have you ever noticed that we seem to be drowned in complete and utter crap during our half time performances? For one I absolutely love watching the half time challenge, because lets just face it’s highly amusing, but what I do not want to see is a bunch of illiterate GCSE drop outs, who cant get into performing arts college and are probably members of the Mayhem cage dancers. Actually on second thought I do not wish to insult Mayhem by insinuating that the night club can drop that low.

I have been in the performing arts industry for over half my life and I have seen bad performances but I never expect to buy my football ticket and think to myself I will never get those five minutes of my life back! It’s like watching a bunch of completely over the top useless posers. They can’t dance, you can automatically see who came up with the routine (that’s the one who can do it by the way). They dance as though people give two flying f***s, do they honestly believe that people find them enjoyable to watch? Hell their parents must be so proud of them, I mean who wouldn’t love to watch their children make complete fools of themselves in manor befitting a streetwalker!

They don’t dress to suit there figures, they wear dance trainers as though they know how to dance…and what made me lose it completely is now you can hire them for outside social events…what the hell would you use them for? I guess I could book them into beginner dance classes…or maybe even dress to suit their figures lessons…or maybe even how to wear make up that does not make them look as though they did it in the pitch black…. hell I love watching the surprised cheerleader mince around in the middle of pitch showing that they don’t know the routine, and love to make complete arses of them selves in front of 10,000 people week in week out. Actually what I am getting out is does anyone actually enjoy them? After the first few games from a distance they look rather attractive and you realise some are under age, some are a little too large for the outfits and some are just…. well some are just special. I honestly believe that something should be done to help them….

Perhaps your brother has got confused and thinks that the stewards that put the banner in goal for the half-time challenge are the blue-belles.

Bloke in front of us last week was more interested in the sprinkler-system than the blue-belles.

:p

Brother Gilbo should possibly realise that he pays to watch a football match and the half time entertainment is free.

He is a very angry person and an anger management course would be appropriate.

From where I sit theres plenty of guys who by the concentration on their faces are enjoying it.

I prefer to read my programme at half time anyway for the articles.

Last edited:
i have noticed the decline - but understand they have been hit by tragedy -

deffo need a revamp and if your bro is such an arts person why doesn't he get them some help ??

i was going to offer up my services but still angling for the chelsea job - on the football side -

There are courses on anger management...

It also sounds to me like he has paid more close attention than most.

Personally I think they're crap. But, because of that I don't watch them. I go to the toilet instead, and let people who do like them get on with enjoying the show.

Why does Brother Gilbo feel the need to stand and watch if they upset him so much?

Personally I think they're crap. But, because of that I don't watch them. I go to the toilet instead, and let people who do like them get on with enjoying the show.

Why does Brother Gilbo feel the need to stand and watch if they upset him so much?

Because the last couple of games we have been in the south upper with no way of escaping for a smoke. When we are in the west he disappears out back to smoke with the stewards!!!!

IMO in comparison to a lot of other clubs, the half-time entertainment at Roots Hall is very good, a number of away fans often make positive comments about it.

Think the girls have always done well (especially in light of recent tragic events).

For those that watch it every game, it is pap. Same routine, often the same song, same old, same old.

But for the occasional fan it must be great and would help encourage return visits.

I actually really like them, but maybe that is because I am slowly degenerating into a perv as my years progress.

I don't see they cause any harm. They're not saying they are the greatest dancers in the world, they are just doing something they love for the enjoyment of others for FREE (I believe).

If your brother thinks they are crap then fine, but we have had to watch many crap players at Roots Hall over the years and they get paid!

I'd suggest that there are far more worthy causes to be venting your anger on, as it appears that you can write a half decent letter.
On a personal level, I would rather the Blue Belles were there than not. Make for a rather empty half time if they didn't appear. Who would you have replace them anyway? Do I really care............why am i even commenting?

Last edited:
send him to the bar at half time a few quick drinks and he may find they don't look too bad.

Mark, I think your brother needs to get out more if the Blue Belles are causing him so much distress.

I have been in the performing arts industry for over half my life and I have seen bad performances but I never expect to buy my football ticket and think to myself I will never get those five minutes of my life back!

and to think i'll never get back the 5 minuites i've just wasted reading this pointless thread. I think your brother should go see strictly come dancing if he is looking for dancing.

I couldnt give two sh**s whats on at half time, its better then most grounds, most who dont even put on any entertainment. Half the crowd is in the loo's or drinking or daring to eat brian dears catering!

I suspect the nicotine withdrawal might be to blame here!

Got to say, a straw poll among away fans I know who've visited the Roots Hall is 100% positive.

I think it is readily acknowledged that their routines aren't the greatest ever - but come on ffs - it's something to look at for a few minutes while the teams are having a rest. Whenever i bring my mates over from Ireland they look forward to half time and seeing the bluebelles - football and dancing girls are the perfect combination they say! Those who don't like it can read their programmes, go to the can, go have a scoop at the bar - and let those who actually like having the bluebelles out there at half time enjoy it...think the lad that wrote the letter in the 1st post needs to chill out a bit :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back