• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My dilema - What should I do?

• Let it drop Dave - Could lead to more hassle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • String him along that I am keen only to dash his hopes.

• Write a letter to his boss.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
SZ'rs I call upon you to help me make a decision.

This time last week I was the only one in the office when the phone goes. "Can I speak to the director of the business" came the voice. Must get 20+ calls a day with the same tone-very lazy cant even be bothered to reasearch our director name even though its on our website.

Now our director is very hands on so normally I would put him through but at this time he was in America.

So I said No you cant. The man on the phone then went on to do one of the worst pitches in the history of sales. I have done sales all my working life but this joker broke every basic rule of a pitch.

Basically he tried to tell me that Sarah Beany is writing a book and is looking for a top large london basedmortgage brokers (baring in mind we are a four man operation) to recommened to the million plus buyers of this book.

For the privilege of being one of (no dobut twenty) featured brokers he wanted £6000.....!!!

I explained politely that for £6000 we could get about 600 leads from other sources which is more than a four man brokerage could ever handle so we would not be interested.

At this stage our friend on the phone goes into a torrent of abuse saying I am not in a position to make a decision as I am some phone ****** etc etc.

I replied that I am in the position to say "No" as I am a partner and a shareholder in the brokerage and we would not buy as he was so rude. I put the phone down.

Like a scene out of a scream fiilm the phone went second later. The same voice said to me "David you are a very rude man and I will be waiting for you outside". he put the phone down.

It didnt really bother me as you get loads of idiots and anyone can be hard over the phone but must confess as I left the office I did look over my shoulder as I locked up.

A week passed and I forgot all about it.

Today by a freak of nature the same bloke called again. I know it was him as he had a really bent sounding nigeria type accent.

Anyway he didnt remember me and gave me the same "Sarah Beany" pitch. This time I pretended to be interested and I am now in possesion of his full name, company name, the name of his boss and his work address.

I told him I would think about his offer but clearly I would rather have Richard Garcia's face tatooed on my arse that buy from this w%&ker.

Question is what should I do. Half of me thinks as he is a Nigerian from Muswell Hill I should walk away knowing that I have got him.

The other half of me feels I either want him to feel the sweat of being called into his bosses office or even better the disapointment of thinking he has closed the biggest deal of his life only for me to whip it away at the last minute.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this unusual dilema.

DtS

The latter. Sounds like a scam to me and as such these type deserve all the hurt and humiliation they get. Play it for all it's worth Dave
wink.gif

The guy sounds like [a] a psycopath (I'll see you outside! yikes!), a loser, and [c] a crim.

Surely you've got more important stuff to be doing - e.g. seeking our advice on which of the numerous birds you may have pulled recently you should bed first...

tounge.gif

Oh, you've got to have fun with this one! Have you told him your name yet? If you have, now worries, but if you haven't, make one up.

Just keep him hanging on and everytime you get close to signing something ask if you can have a little bit more. Make him spend a fortnight trying to convince you to take two pages of advertising and then suddenly ask for the price on four, that kind of thing.

Let his own greed be his undoing.

If you can keep anonymity throughout, it might be worth saving his phrase as a payoff. Weeks down the line you can finally agree to an enormous deal and then offer to come and sign it in person. "I'll be waiting for you outside," you can say. And then vanish.

Either way, nail that ******* to the wall!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 30 2006,17:43)]Oh, you've got to have fun with this one! Have you told him your name yet? If you have, now worries, but if you haven't, make one up.

Just keep him hanging on and everytime you get close to signing something ask if you can have a little bit more. Make him spend a fortnight trying to convince you to take two pages of advertising and then suddenly ask for the price on four, that kind of thing.

Let his own greed be his undoing.

If you can keep anonymity throughout, it might be worth saving his phrase as a payoff. Weeks down the line you can finally agree to an enormous deal and then offer to come and sign it in person. "I'll be waiting for you outside," you can say. And then vanish.

Either way, nail that ******* to the wall!
He does know my name sadly....he also has my work location and day phone number.

DtS

And he is a cold calling t%$$&r who should be kicked in the b******s until he stops screaming.

I had one a couple of weeks ago who when I f%&ked her off, phoned back and told me I was a Mutherf%&kercocksuker!! Well I thought it was the wife first of all but I had never noticed the Irish accent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Aug. 31 2006,14:22)]And he is a cold calling t%$$&r who should be kicked  in the b******s until he stops screaming.

I had one a couple of weeks ago who when I f%&ked her off, phoned back and told me I was a Mutherf%&kercocksuker!! Well I thought it was the wife first of all but I had never noticed the Irish accent.
laugh.gif

How about reporting the Nob to the police as he might be an illegal scum bag scamming innocent English tax payers!!!!

mad.gif

We get calls like that all the time and we try to break our record of passing them round the whole office before they hang up. I like the cold calls from cleaning companies best I pretend to be the facilities manager & tell them everything they want to hear untill they ask how many cleaners we have & how much we pay them. I always say we have 3 Bosnian illegals who we dont pay they sleep in the store room and when they get deported we just get more in as the supply is endless. I usually get a response of surely that is illegal/immoral or we cant beat that and they go away. But the latest caller we had was just a normal bloke and he kept asking me if I was pulling his plonker, the others I work with were ****ing them selves laughing as they cant believe I manage to not laugt & keep a straight face while telling these muppets this bullsh!t.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Aug. 31 2006,15:14)]How about reporting the Nob to the police as he might be an illegal scum bag scamming innocent English tax payers!!!!

mad.gif
Big time. Thats what i would do

Back