• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My dog is called 'Shrimper'

To pre-empt a few possible replies, I am not refering to two legged Tracey's and Sharon's, though have your fan if you like.
Last year the family hound arrived - struggling to justify what I might shout in the local park without too much cause for embarasment and with early suggestions for names like 'Woofer' from the kids or 'Donny' (Osmond) from the wife, I timidly put forward the suggestion of 'Shrimper'. To my amazement it was accepted and the mutt seems to have settled into this handle quite well, being ok at corners (Barrett), a bit tardy at discipline (Maher), having a poor sense of direction (Gray) and frequently sh*tting on the lawn (??).
Well, encouraged by my family taking notice of me for once, a few months later a moggy joined our Suffolk clan. Here there was no doubt about the name - ocassionally interested but generally asleep, the pussy was christened 'Bramble'.
Can't now wait for the rabbit to snuff it (for some reason called Errol) so can find a better name for its replacement.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Oct. 01 2004,00:36)]the mutt seems to have settled into this handle quite well, being ok at corners (Barrett), a bit tardy at discipline (Maher), having a poor sense of direction (Gray) and frequently sh*tting on the lawn (??).
sh*tting on lawns = fans attributes - I know, a Karer told me!

2 friends of ours asked us to look after there cat while they went on vacation.Needless to say we lost the moggy.With fear and sadness in our hearts we searched the neighbourhood calling for the cat,whose name just happened to be mazda,while all the time driving our car which as coincidence would have it was a mazda.All we found was some smart arse who yelled you sitting in it.
We found the cat at the vets with a broken leg the day after our friends got back.I don't think they will let us cat sit anymore.

I know a Col Ewe fan who has a sheep called "shag". He like to go home to his barn and Shag the sheep! LOL

My soon to arrive new baby is going to be called either 'Tilly' if it's a girl or 'Tilson' if it's a boy.

I'm trying to persuade the missus that if we have a boy we call him Paul Dean Chris Spencer Pat Steve Andy Dave Peter Ian Brett, however she's not keen...........

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 01 2004,09:08)]I'm trying to persuade the missus that if we have a boy we call him Paul Dean Chris Spencer Pat Steve Andy Dave Peter Ian Brett, however she's not keen...........

tounge.gif
You mean Christian, not Chris, of course.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 01 2004,09:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Oct. 01 2004,09:08)]I'm trying to persuade the missus that if we have a boy we call him Paul Dean Chris Spencer Pat Steve Andy Dave Peter Ian Brett, however she's not keen...........

tounge.gif
You mean Christian, not Chris, of course.
No, it's not the promotion winning team but the side which began our first season in the old second division so well (pretty much anyway, that's a convenient way of honuoring the legend that is Chris Powell rather than the fairly limited Christian 'Sloppy' Hyslop).

Priceless. Going round and round going nowhere seems to have got it just right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 01 2004,09:59)]The bloke who sits near me at Roots Halls had two hamsters one called Alvin the other Martin, I kid you not.
I don't think even a hamster would have made the mistake of signing Kev Maher.

we have a West Highland Terrier called Jock (for obvious reasons) who flew out with us when we emigrated

Sharon or Tracey would have just been too easy - not to mention the funny looks we'd have got as we walked along the beach with a dog swinging nuts bigger than Buster Gonad

smile.gif

Al

On theChildren theme, I wanted to name my eldest (if she had been a boy) after two players, I had a tentative ok until she found out who they were and uttered those unforgettable words "No son of mine is going to be called Mervyn Anton"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Oct. 01 2004,13:33)]On theChildren theme, I wanted to name my eldest (if she had been a boy) after two players, I had a tentative ok until she found out who they were and uttered those unforgettable words "No son of mine is going to be called Mervyn Anton"
I tentatively suggested Ian Benjamin as first and middle names - but she wasn't having it!

A mate of mine had two children one called Ben and the other Abby but this was before the great O's destroyer signed for us.

Back