• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nah, I am really gutted, but my son needs to be in the USA by the 2nd :sad:... But a least I get 2 games.
I would have killed for that before.:thumbsup:
It's still awesome but not the trifecta, only the double.
A win is win and I am not going to let it take the shine of what is still a once in a lifetime opportunity.
An awesome opportunity:loyalsupporter:

Fantastic stuff! Your wife and son have done you proud, looking forward to meeting up with you! :clap:
Not intending to see the Newport game now?

Yes I can attend... Phew... I read today the fixtures from the beginning of the season and it said it was on the 1st, but I just looked on the latest and Newport is on the 31st.
:happy:
Which is what I has planned in the beginning... I am so relived.
I got so confused.
Really difficult trying to plan it from so far.
So its on definitely going to Newport as first planned.
Three games in 9 days, how great is that.
I don't think life gets much better.
Cant wait to get there.:clap:

Yes I can attend... Phew... I read today the fixtures from the beginning of the season and it said it was on the 1st, but I just looked on the latest and Newport is on the 31st.
I got so confused.

Great news! So, you'll get to experience a Friday night game as well then!

Have a great stay. Are you an expat or a wise choosing team selector (how did you become a blue)? Have you been to Southend before as it has changed hugely over the last 20/30 years, and do you want some suggestions for day trips, restaurants etc?
Thanks MG... Any suggestions would be welcome... Thanks again mate:thumbsup:

Great to hear your story; and what an unusual one it is. My son and I hope you have a brilliant and memorable trip over here. We will be at all three games and hope to be able to say hello. We do know the gent who runs the Pier View Guest House and I'm sure you will enjoy his hospitality.

For those Shrimperzoners who have close ties to the club, has the club been informed about the visit? (I suspect they probably have). It would be great if there was some recognition; and I know that Southend fans who aren't on Shrimperzone would also be interested about this story ..... maybe something for Chris Phillips to follow up on too?

Great to hear your story; and what an unusual one it is. My son and I hope you have a brilliant and memorable trip over here. We will be at all three games and hope to be able to say hello. We do know the gent who runs the Pier View Guest House and I'm sure you will enjoy his hospitality.

For those Shrimperzoners who have close ties to the club, has the club been informed about the visit? (I suspect they probably have). It would be great if there was some recognition; and I know that Southend fans who aren't on Shrimperzone would also be interested about this story ..... maybe something for Chris Phillips to follow up on too?

Already on it.

southend4eva, you chose well sir :thumbsup:

Great story, hope you have a fantastic time, brilliant that you'll get to see a full Roots Hall for the Hull game - you got tickets ok for it?

Shrimperzone will pay for the hull tickets for our travelling members. It is the least we can do for your efforts to get here.
Ken

I got so confused.

The Newport game is a Friday night match. If you're flying back to Australia the next day it might be wise to miss the match and get an early night.

Shrimperzone will pay for the hull tickets for our travelling members. It is the least we can do for your efforts to get here.
Ken
That is brilliant,:happy: but I just phoned the box office, like i was a local and booked 2 tickets for all 3 games that my Son and I am going too.:clap:
The lady Charlie was really helpful.:thumbsup:
Thanks so much for the offer, that is just the best :smile:
I do want to give a sincere heartfelt thanks to the zone and all its members for giving me many years of great banter and first class info about anything to do with the mighty shrimpers.
Thanks again Ken, this such a great gesture from an awesome bunch of fans... UTB's & Up the Zone!!!
Cant wait to get there; I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas:smile:

Great story and you have certainly chosen a good time to come over. Team spirit is best it has been for years and the type of football being played is a vast improvement on previous seasons. Hopefully you will have plenty to cheer when you do come over

Really blown away by the Zones, OBL's, the clubs response and to all those other shrimpers who have written or posted encouraging me about my trip a big thanks to you all.
I thought I'd post the clubs response because for me not only is it first rate, it's above and beyond what I could expect.
Just so proud to support this club and to my wife and son who have made it possible.

1a.jpg

Pic of my son and I saying UTB's (Sorry about the back to front writing on our shirts as we were in front of the mirror!:smile:)

The Clubs response earlier today
Hi John,

Great to hear you’re heading over for a few games. In regards to tickets, I will get the Ticket Office to send you an email to sort both tickets for Hull City and the away game at Dagenham & Redbridge. (Ryan is CC’d in this email and he will pick that side of it up). I understand you’re also coming to the Newport County game on Friday 31st January. Unfortunately for cup games we can’t offer tickets, but we can for the league, so I’d like to offer you my two complimentary tickets to that Newport game.

I’d also like to try and feature you and your son in the Hull City programme, but I’ve got a very tight deadline for programme content. Do you think you’d be able to get some words about why you support Southend, why you’re coming over, what games you’re seeing etc, as well as a couple of photos (possibly one of you somewhere in a Southend United top?). If you can get all this to me by Monday at the very, very latest, then I’d be happy to put it in the Hull programme. I will also put aside a complimentary copy of the programme should you feature in it.

The story will also go on the website if that’s okay with you following the Hull City game.

We were also wondering, would you try and do a video diary of your journey over here, going to all the games and your thoughts? If this isn’t possible not to worry, but it might make a nice piece for our YouTube channel.

Furthermore, at the Newport County game, my colleague Ryan will be on hand to make it a bit more special for you and your son, by taking a seat in the dugout to watch the warm-up, have a few photos with the players and then take to your seats.

Ryan will be in touch about both tickets and the Newport game, and I have CC’d him into this email.

Please expect an email from Ryan who will need your card details to process the payment for the two tickets for Hull City and two tickets for Dagenham & Redbridge.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Tom

:clap::thumbsup::happy::loyalsupporter:

Glad you got the email from the club ok, looks like everyone is out to make your visit extra special! :happy:

southend4eva said:
Really blown away by the Zones, OBL's, the clubs response and to all those other shrimpers who have written or posted encouraging me about my trip a big thanks to you all.
I thought I'd post the clubs response because for me not only is it first rate, it's above and beyond what I could expect.
Just so proud to support this club and to my wife and son who have made it possible.

View attachment 2554

Pic of my son and I saying UTB's (Sorry about the back to front writing on our shirts as we were in front of the mirror!:smile:)

The Clubs response earlier today
Hi John,

Great to hear you’re heading over for a few games. In regards to tickets, I will get the Ticket Office to send you an email to sort both tickets for Hull City and the away game at Dagenham & Redbridge. (Ryan is CC’d in this email and he will pick that side of it up). I understand you’re also coming to the Newport County game on Friday 31st January. Unfortunately for cup games we can’t offer tickets, but we can for the league, so I’d like to offer you my two complimentary tickets to that Newport game.

I’d also like to try and feature you and your son in the Hull City programme, but I’ve got a very tight deadline for programme content. Do you think you’d be able to get some words about why you support Southend, why you’re coming over, what games you’re seeing etc, as well as a couple of photos (possibly one of you somewhere in a Southend United top?). If you can get all this to me by Monday at the very, very latest, then I’d be happy to put it in the Hull programme. I will also put aside a complimentary copy of the programme should you feature in it.

The story will also go on the website if that’s okay with you following the Hull City game.

We were also wondering, would you try and do a video diary of your journey over here, going to all the games and your thoughts? If this isn’t possible not to worry, but it might make a nice piece for our YouTube channel.

Furthermore, at the Newport County game, my colleague Ryan will be on hand to make it a bit more special for you and your son, by taking a seat in the dugout to watch the warm-up, have a few photos with the players and then take to your seats.

Ryan will be in touch about both tickets and the Newport game, and I have CC’d him into this email.

Please expect an email from Ryan who will need your card details to process the payment for the two tickets for Hull City and two tickets for Dagenham & Redbridge.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Tom

:clap::thumbsup::happy::loyalsupporter:
Make sure you get into the Spread Eagle before one of the games. Many of the people who post on here will be in there.

Glad you got the email from the club ok, looks like everyone is out to make your visit extra special! :happy:
It's outstanding isn't it.
Just speaks volumes of the club, no wonder they have won all those community awards.
You've just gotta go one other forums for other clubs and ours, in terms of general attitude, respect and the like is very high comparatively.
I reckon we have a really decent crew of fans on board.
There's always one turkey, but generally i think we are the best :smile:
Thanks everyone :clap:

Back