• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
As many of you will know I dont post much gossip on here. However I do have a woman in the know and she is rarely wrong. The two bits of goss that have broken in the past were both correct. Eg Lee Sawyer being kicked out the club and George Friends loan being stopped half way to Carlisie due to the non payment embargo etc.

Well my woman in the know tells me tonight in no uncertain terms that the first man through the door in the summer could well be Michael Timlin who of course we had on loan from Swindon last summer.

Timlin has been on good money at Swindon but that is likely to change now with their relegation. He is really keen to link up with Sturrock again and has dropped his wage demmands to a very reasonable level. Sturrock is keen to make him a Shrimper and this could happen in the next week or so.

Dont shoot the messenger but this is what my spy tells me and she is really never wrong.

Hope this is true, I liked him. I also think this may mean one out the door could be 1 from Easton, Grant or Ferdy.

Easton not signed a new deal yet, meant to be on good money and Timlin more than filled in when Easton was injured. Personally i think Easton and Timlin are quite smiliar but could make a good midfield if Granty goes.

If Easton was to go the Timlin would be alright, but personally I thought he was a bit poop. Tried too hard and gave the ball away a lot.

I'm thinking Easton's money could be a stumbling block on new deal, if Timlin is cheaper may be worth saving a few quid.

Timlin's much better going forward.

Maybe, but his touch is worse and he gets caught out of position, I've only seen him a few times but didn't really rate him too much, but if he's a cheaper replacement for Easton then it makes sense.

Maybe, but his touch is worse and he gets caught out of position, I've only seen him a few times but didn't really rate him too much, but if he's a cheaper replacement for Easton then it makes sense.

I only saw him once(againt Morecambe).He looked one of our better players on the day and took the excellent free kick which Moshni headed on in the box for Corr to score easily.I got the impression he wasn't match fit at all(which would figure as he'd only been playing in Swindon's reserves at the start of last season).

Personally feel he is more likely a replacement for Granty if he signs. I liked him, decent player for this level.

I would guess that sooner or later someone will wave £ notes for Ferdi or Grant, and Ron & Co would grab it.

Thus creating a need for the likes of Timlin.

Scored a great free kick against Hereford and produced probably the best piece of skill I've ever seen from a Southend player against Morcambe.

I'd happily have him back but I'd also like to retain Easton. I think he's very underrated amongst some of you.

Whilst he's not full of thrills and spills he has a good first touch and is a good passer. We look a weaker side when he's not in the middle.

Scored a great free kick against Hereford and produced probably the best piece of skill I've ever seen from a Southend player against Morcambe.

I'd happily have him back but I'd also like to retain Easton. I think he's very underrated amongst some of you.

Whilst he's not full of thrills and spills he has a good first touch and is a good passer. We look a weaker side when he's not in the middle.
Agreed, he also allows Kane the chance to get forward. The two of them really work very well together. I'd also see Timlin, if true, as more of a replacement for Grant. Fully expect him to be off.

Considering we have only played Morecambe twice, there won't be many pieces of skill to choose from in 180 mins of football :winking:

I had a weird dream that some lady in sainsburys (typically) paid £140,000 for something, then as she was walking out, she said to a few kids wearing SUFC tops my son will be wearing one of them soon. Went to ask for a name but she didn't hear me ask her!

But it can't be true as there is money involved ;D

Back