• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Well actually I don't mind paying and watching a not very good team play not good very tactics against another not very good team in a not very good game. I do mind paying to watch someones back as they pop up every so often to let someone nip upstairs for a burger. In fact I don't even mind paying to watch that, if it is done during a break in play. I do object seeing someone's back on the rare occassions something potentially interesting is happening, like a Southend corner, or Ryan Hall flying down the wing with intent.

For those of you who visited the Family Stand on a cheapy, you may not understand football. You may not even like it. But for Jeezuz sake could you sit on your buts for longer than 15 minutes without having to cram yet another burger down you, or your kids, throats.

I lost count of the amount of times someone in front of me popped up today, or I was asked to stand up, in the name of starvation from some over weight adult with over weight kids. Tip... feed yourself and your kids BEFORE you come to football. If you really must stuff your face either bring your own or do what proper football fans do and go at half time.

SIT DOWN.

Something that annoys me too. Can't people go 90 minutes without stuffing their face with junk food and fizzy drinks? They should tell their kids to shut up and watch the game. Football is at 3, call me old-fashioned but I always have lunch before and dinner after. Quite simple.

Well actually I don't mind paying and watching a not very good team play not good very tactics against another not very good team in a not very good game. I do mind paying to watch someones back as they pop up every so often to let someone nip upstairs for a burger. In fact I don't even mind paying to watch that, if it is done during a break in play. I do object seeing someone's back on the rare occassions something potentially interesting is happening, like a Southend corner, or Ryan Hall flying down the wing with intent.

For those of you who visited the Family Stand on a cheapy, you may not understand football. You may not even like it. But for Jeezuz sake could you sit on your buts for longer than 15 minutes without having to cram yet another burger down you, or your kids, throats.

I lost count of the amount of times someone in front of me popped up today, or I was asked to stand up, in the name of starvation from some over weight adult with over weight kids. Tip... feed yourself and your kids BEFORE you come to football. If you really must stuff your face either bring your own or do what proper football fans do and go at half time.

SIT DOWN.

Agree entirely with you on this one.
As someone who sits on the end of a row (and I choose to so I can get out easily enough) it can be so annoying when every five minutes someone wants to get by and then has the cheek to tut and pull a face when you dont stand and just swing your legs round to the aisle. If it is not them then there are people that sit in front of us continually up, down, up, down but..................even worse than that are the people that arrive late - have no idea where they are sitting and stand blocking your view.

Don't worry if they ate our burgers there's a fair chance at least some of them are now dead, if they did manage to survive then comfort yourself in the knowledge they are probably on the bog with the raging squits right now :smile:

Agree entirely with you on this one.
As someone who sits on the end of a row (and I choose to so I can get out easily enough) it can be so annoying when every five minutes someone wants to get by and then has the cheek to tut and pull a face when you dont stand and just swing your legs round to the aisle. If it is not them then there are people that sit in front of us continually up, down, up, down but..................even worse than that are the people that arrive late - have no idea where they are sitting and stand blocking your view.

agreed. i hate people who arrive late. its the same time every saturday. how do they not know this!!! :angry:

Hahaha! Really well structured and funny!

Brilliant! Love it and totally agree! Same with people that go to the cinema and need to graze during the film!

I agree. Write to the club and tell them to lock the toilets and shut down the burger kiosks during the game. I'm sure nobody will mind paying the extra few quid a game, or hundred quid a season ticket more, that it would cost to make up for lost revenue and dry cleaning bills.

So funny! Today was the worst right?

I must have stood up about 10 times to let different people pass by. One lady kept apologising and, of course, I smiled and said 'no problem', but in my head I was thinking, for God's sake just go home you silly cow! I almost missed the first goal...

Agreed re the food and drink. In the East stand there are regular bunch that stay supping in the bar for up to 10 mins after 2nd half ko and then disturb every one getting back to their seats duly red faced a d that's not due to embarrassment at being late taking seats.

However I do have empathy for peop who might arrive late for a night game. I work in the west end and
My arrival is determined by the trains running to time. There is a chap who sits in east stand at the start of a row
and moans like hell when I ask to get past. I keep telling him that some of us have to work for a living or don't live cushy nearby. It doesnt go down well with him but now us the chanc to move your seat at ticket renewal time

Have to say I'm as guilty as anyone about nipping to the loo before the interval and then going to get drinks before the rush, having said that though, it has been particularly bad round where we sit lately as there's been loads of big groups of kids in obviously on offers, and you're up and down like a flipping yo-yo!

So kids aren't wanted now at Roots Hall by our supporters? Ridiculous.

I don't even like my own kids, but there they are, at every match, ******* the energy out of the family stand.

So kids aren't wanted now at Roots Hall by our supporters? Ridiculous.
I sit in the West and I've said all along, when they do these offers then put them in South Lower - it's the Family stand, it's what it's there for!

If you sit in the family stand, you can't really moan about kids jumping up and down and mucking about. It's called a family stand for a reason...

However it does seem an increasing problem elsewhere. I don't mind letting people past every now and then, but people seem to be doing it regularly to beat the queues. And what I hate even more is the people that leave 10 mins before the end of the game, and stand in the aisle blocking it up. What kind of loyal supporter wants to miss an important finale to a big match? :angry:

Nooooo. The family stand I have season tickets for is in the West!
It runs all the way round though to include South Lower. Used to have season tickets over there when my son was younger, couldn't wait to get away from kids being aggravating!

Back