• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't usually do this after games but i thought i would show how i rated the players' performances last night...

Flahavan- 6- In all fairness he had nothing to do, there two shots on target resulted in two goals. Made a couple of good punched clearances and a couple of good catches.

Francis- 7- I think one of our better players on the night, overall good defending and looked very good going down the right flank.

Clarke- 8- Although his handball led to the winning goal, i think he was the best player on the park for us last night, always in the mix of things, tackling, heading and clearances.

Barrett- 6- Solid night for Barrett, won his headers in defence, but his CB partner seemed to do most of the clearing up.

Mulgrew- 6- I really don't know about this kid, first time i have really got to watch him. He looked good going forward with some good crosses, and a good header after a fine run into the box (first half), he was OK with his defending, but his passing wasn't all that good and made a few mistakes.

Black- 5- Didn't really threaten, every time he ran with the ball it seemed to get lost under his feet.
the goal he didn't really have much to do,

Bailey- 7- Another good performance from the lad, and another fabulous goal. Apart from his goal, he didn't really have much to do, although he did make some good tackles and had a header well saved after the sending off.

McCormack- 6- Another solid display from the fiery Irishman, got him self about as usual but without any real effect.

Gower- 5- Don't think he realised he was on a football pitch half the time, just didn't do much all night, looked lazy.

Revell- 5- I do think he and MacDonald linked up well on occasions, he one a few headers, but when it came to running with the ball he didn't really have any real effect.

MacDonald- 6- Came in for Barnard and felt he linked up OK with Revell, on occasions, but once again, like Revell, he had no real effect. Can't fault the lads effort though, always seemed to close down the defenders and goalkeeper when possible.

Subs-

Scannell (75- Replaced MacDonald) - 3- Came on to get us back in the game, touched the ball twice, one of the times being his sending off.

Moussa (84- Replaced Gower)- 3- No real time for any impact, although he should have done far better when basically presented with an open goal (should have lobbed the keeper, not passed it to him).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, they are my match ratings from last nights game.

Overall i felt we started well, but once Baileys cracker went in we didn't threaten at all, although Bailey did have a header saved after the sending off (dunno why it says we only had one shot on target on OS). But we just can't seem to defend atm, although Clarke seems to be playing well- he is a no nonsense defender, like Barrett, but Barrett is a defender who likes to run with ball and find the pass whereas Clarke likes to play the long ball (hoof). I think this is a good mix, but we just can't seem to get it together at the moment. In all honesty the only way has got to be up!?

Also, the Scannell red...shocking decision, i have just looked at a quality photo on the OS of the tackle, and Scannells feet seem to be on the ground, whereas Whitbreads seem to be nearly up Scannell's a**e! And Whitbread is basically off the ground, he should have been sent off!

Anyways...

UP THE BLUES!

Well I agree with lots of the above, as has been covered elsewhere already. Except this part:

Revell- 5- I do think he and MacDonald linked up well on occasions

I'm not sure Revell miskicking it off their central midfielder therefore accidentally diverting the ball into Charlie Mac's run, but then who put his head down and ran in the wrong direction, counts as good link up play...

flahavan was at fault for the first goal what is the point of having a keeper who wont come for crosses in his 6 yard box. collis has to come back in, he done nothing wrong to be dropped. if he was in goal and done the same a lot of people in here would be calling for his head.

how on earth can you give black the same mark as gower, black was trying to get balls in the area, he got back. gower on the otherhand didnt move and done f/a all match.

how can you give scannell a 3 when as you said he touched the ball twice and the second was a shocking red card that was called by the fans(who were all about 5). this is what i dont get about ratings, surely he should get a 10 as the few minutes he was on he done everything right and cant get marked down.

Back