• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My Monday Morning Thoughts

The General

The Mouse (*)
Dont worry, this wont be a weekly thing!

I must admit, i have been a bit of a pessimistic so-and-so over the past month, but personally i think i've been granted in my opinion. I caught a fair few of the friendly matches so wasn't coming into the opening game with a blinkered view. I started a thread just under 3 weeks ago asking the SZ public how many signings will we make?!. I plumped for three. Well, after it was all said and done ... we had made none! A pretty embarrassing fact. We have once again had to rely on the trusty loan market. Lee Sawyer was already in and of course i was over the moon with this. Asbo IS a top player and IMO, along with the Mooooose, will be our most important player. But with a week to go, we bring in 2 Col Ewe fella's. Matt Heath - im sorry but opinion certainly hasnt' changed. He makes me look nimble on my feet and for anyone who has seen me run, you will know that isn't easy. White i had never heard off so cant really have an opinion of him and we then (eventually) signed MVoto!

I arrived at the ground about 2.50pm and saw the teamsheet. I initially thought we must be going for a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation seeing as Laurent had spent the entire summer on the wing ... (but the less said about Tilly's tatical nouse the better, i guess!) But what i witnessed in the opening hour was actually a joy to behold. We looked threatening, meaningful and when the Moooose clinically made it 2 zip it should have been game over. I was actually starting to eat my own words and even Macca was starting to do okay!! But then the previous 2 months of pessimistic thoughts came back and bite me on the bum and how right i was to be worried. Had they had 11 men on the pitch for the last 10 minutes, i genuinely believe we would have lost 3-2.

All in all, i would have taken a draw at the start but to be 2-0 up at home with half hour left an to let it slip is criminal, so on reflection, its certainly 2 points dropped and i wonder how many times im going to be thinking that after each game!?

Kev

can we have a new forum for the doom brigade, i cant bear to read all this tosh anymore

That is exactly how I feel. Have been coming on here less frequently recently - as I always feel worse afterwards - and in truth would like to give it up altogether but it is strangely addictive - a bit like following the team itself.

can we have a new forum for the doom brigade, i cant bear to read all this tosh anymore

That is exactly how I feel. Have been coming on here less frequently recently - as I always feel worse afterwards - and in truth would like to give it up altogether but it is strangely addictive - a bit like following the team itself.

Try responding if you disagree, it provokes debate --- much better than this " it's a rubbish post so I will not come on here so often". Mass debating is good for the Zone.

Try responding if you disagree, it provokes debate --- much better than this " it's a rubbish post so I will not come on here so often". Mass debating is good for the Zone.

No need to resort to personal abuse.

Back