• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane My Musical Education

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
32 years ago this week i was introduced to a "new" band when i first heard this amazing tune on the radio, upon further research i discovered my dad had a couple of their earlier albums in his vinyl collection and the album from which this single had emerged would be released the next week.

The single had limited success :whistling: its chart performance in a few select countries is listed here, **** knows what was the matter with the Eyeties but hey ho

1 Australian
1 Austrian
1 Danish
1 French
1 German
2 Italian
1 Spanish
1 Swedish
1 Swiss
1 UK
1 US

So, my friends, what is the single to which i refer ??

Hmmm, I've a feeling I may know this one. Was it the groups second UK top 10 (the other 12 years previous) and their only UK No1 single?

I'm guessing from your signature that we're talking Another Brick in the Wall (part 2)?

Sorry Lee, but I hated that single! Don't mind some of PF's early stuff but this I really didn't like. Incidentally, my musical education is taking a step forward next month when I'm being taken to see The Rifles at the Boogaloo - you might approve of that!

One of the first (if not THE first) single I bought, more as some sort of FU to ma & pa about going to school - despite the fact I was a very good boy :hilarious:

Gone of PF in a big way in the last 10/15 years - find them a bit dreary now.

Very good Kay, hope you enjoy them, i'm sure you will

Coxy, never dreary mate .. the music is still note perfect despite the lads rocking on in years, and the light and visual shows are untouchable

Very good Kay, hope you enjoy them, i'm sure you will

Coxy, never dreary mate .. the music is still note perfect despite the lads rocking on in years, and the light and visual shows are untouchable

See I can't be doing with huge arenas and all that malarky. Give me a small intimate venue, a pretty girl or grizzled bloke singing love-lorn songs with a guitar and I'm a happy chappy. However I think it's been years since I went to see anyone live!

See I can't be doing with huge arenas and all that malarky. Give me a small intimate venue, a pretty girl or grizzled bloke singing love-lorn songs with a guitar and I'm a happy chappy. However I think it's been years since I went to see anyone live!
Something like this then Paul!!! (Sound quality may not be great but you get the gist, plus it's Lennon!)
[video=youtube;WufxEdofbbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WufxEdofbbc&feature=related[/video]

Back