• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok my old man was not a dustman but i bet he wishes he had of been one.
He was when i was born a builder who worked his way up to foreman on the firm mainly building schools and houses and later in life he set up on his own til he messed that up and became one of those bods on the door at vat house in Southend and his last job was the same thing at Shoebury.
So fellows zoners what did/does your father do for a living?
Oh and buma your dad was a building contractor not just a humble builder.

My old man worked for the General Post Office at Mount Pleasant when it was still the GPO. Went from Telegraph boy to Superintendent before he retired.

My dad was an accountant when I was young but failing eyesight and a gambling addiction soon meant he gave up accountancy and ended up in non skilled jobs. I remember him being a ice cream man for a while, he worked at Yardleys and thorn at an engineering firm, machine minding

Fork Lift driver for his entire career at Fords Basildon and Grays until it turned to New Holland.

Cant imagine doing the same thing for your entire life.

Started his career off as a helicopter engineer, then worked his way up to managing and directing positions within aviation. Now he is a Manager of Operations for a company who sets up line stations for airlines.

Dad was an Engineer all is life and genuinely loved his job with various companies over the years,sadly gone now,christ how I miss that man.:sad:

Medical engineer fixing endoscopes. Funnily enough, my uncle was a bin man, until he did his knee in. It makes that song somewhat meta (and just a bit weird).

When I was a young thing, my dad used to be the accountant at Bettabake in Romford. Used to often go in to work with him on a Saturday morning - cakes were always a bonus! He later became Company Secretary at an automotive parts and supply place in Eltham, where I worked Saturdays and holidays before going it alone for a while and then returning as a private accountant for a City gent.

My Dad was from 1940 to 1946 in the Royal Artillery working with Heavy Anti-Aircraft Guns/Ammunition, when he came out of the Army he went to work at A.W.R.E at both Foulness/Shoeburyness working again with Ammunition(he was also joined by my Mum for a few years towards the end of his working life). He retired in 1982 and sadly died on 22nd.October 2004.
As he had spent nearly all his working life with Ammunition we gave him a great send off by having him cremated on the
5th.November 2004.("I know he would have found that quite amusing") R.I.P. DAD.

My Dad was from 1940 to 1946 in the Royal Artillery working with Heavy Anti-Aircraft Guns/Ammunition, when he came out of the Army he went to work at A.W.R.E at both Foulness/Shoeburyness working again with Ammunition(he was also joined by my Mum for a few years towards the end of his working life). He retired in 1982 and sadly died on 22nd.October 2004.
As he had spent nearly all his working life with Ammunition we gave him a great send off by having him cremated on the
5th.November 2004.("I know he would have found that quite amusing") R.I.P. DAD.

Reading that I was sort of hopeing you fired him out of a cannon. Balls of steel working with ammo all his life.

Back