• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My photography Website

andrew_sthnd

Coach
Hi guys,

I am an amateur photographer and I have spent the start of this year putting together a website to allow me to showcase some of the photos that I have taken over the last couple of years. It's starting to take shape and I'm pretty pleased with it so thought I would share it here...

http://www.ajp-photography.co.uk/

Also, check out my '52 Moments of 2012' section here ...I'm taking a picture a week throught 2012 to try and show my prgoress as a photographer.

Let me know your thoughts, all feedback is appreciated!

Andrew

Had a brief look and the landscape work looks nice. Ever considered playing about some ND graduated filters?

I am on a 3 day course with a Pro in April studying landscape. We are going all over the Highlands so should hopefully learn a lot more skills and techniques as well as getting some good pics.

Although I am afraid that I am Nikon man!!

Hi guys,

I am an amateur photographer and I have spent the start of this year putting together a website to allow me to showcase some of the photos that I have taken over the last couple of years. It's starting to take shape and I'm pretty pleased with it so thought I would share it here...

http://www.ajp-photography.co.uk/

Also, check out my '52 Moments of 2012' section here ...I'm taking a picture a week throught 2012 to try and show my prgoress as a photographer.

Let me know your thoughts, all feedback is appreciated!

Andrew

great stuff, I've been working hard to learn how to use my new camera (GF3), been tempted to do a little course on the basics.

Cheers guys, just trying to spread the word about the site at the moment!

Yeah, a ND graduated filter is something I am going to look at. Although I have taken a lot of landscape shots, it's not really something that excites me...I want to experiment in documentary photography and taking shots of people (not straight portrait work though).

The 3 day course you talk about sounds amazing, I'm sure you will get some incredible shots in the Highlands! I wish I had been more into my photography when I went up there a few years ago!

I won't hold it against you that you're a Nikon man, I very nearly bought one myself!

The GF3 is a decent little camera, would be interested to see what shots you get from that!

Cheers guys, just trying to spread the word about the site at the moment!

Yeah, a ND graduated filter is something I am going to look at. Although I have taken a lot of landscape shots, it's not really something that excites me...I want to experiment in documentary photography and taking shots of people (not straight portrait work though).

The 3 day course you talk about sounds amazing, I'm sure you will get some incredible shots in the Highlands! I wish I had been more into my photography when I went up there a few years ago!

I won't hold it against you that you're a Nikon man, I very nearly bought one myself!

When I got in to Photography I gained a fair bit of advice and feedback form a friend of mine who is now an established professional photographer in London and he pointed me in the direction of Nikon purely because that is what he swears by and was probably pointed in that direction when he started up.

I have a Nikon D5100 and have built up 5 lenses plus a lot of extra kit although It does become very very expensive, I want to up grade to a full frame Nikon, probably the D800 (if we ever get a release date for it) and my next lens is going to set me back £1300 so its not looking like i will have either in time for the trip in April.

Looks like you will have to plan another trip up this part of the world then!!

When I got in to Photography I gained a fair bit of advice and feedback form a friend of mine who is now an established professional photographer in London and he pointed me in the direction of Nikon purely because that is what he swears by and was probably pointed in that direction when he started up.

I have a Nikon D5100 and have built up 5 lenses plus a lot of extra kit although It does become very very expensive, I want to up grade to a full frame Nikon, probably the D800 (if we ever get a release date for it) and my next lens is going to set me back £1300 so its not looking like i will have either in time for the trip in April.

Your back!!?

I completely agree. I have a number of friends that enjoy photography and the advice you can get from them is better than anything you will ever read in a book! I also find it interesting talking with friends who have only started in photography...although I am pretty new to photography, someone who is coming to it fresh can offer new ideas and suggestions!

I would love a full frame camera but budget just won't allow unfortunately. Looking towards an upgrade at the end of this year or start of next but we will have to see if I can afford it!

Do you have any photographs you have taken online? I would be interested to see what you are taking.

I am very much a novice myself, although I do have a couple of sites i use. I will PM you the link to them.

At the moment i tend to take pictures on the back of what activity i am doing at the time as a pose to specificity going out on a shoot but once i have completed this 3 day landscape course i am going to spend more time on specific locations for a shoot. I was in Paris last week and got some pretty good shots that you will be able to see. Let me know what you think.... any feedback is always good

I have not got to the stage of setting up my own Web Site for port folio purposes but after seeing yours, I may well look in to it. I might be picking your brains for some advise as it is something i have never attempted before.

Hi Guys,

After posting the previous link, the traffic that was generated from this site was incredible...I was pretty surprised to be honest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at what I have put together.

I have a few updates and thought I would add to this topic rather than create a new one. So, here it is...

http://www.ajp-photography.co.uk or http://www.ajp-photography.co.uk/category/52-moments-of-2012/

Thanks again and if I could encourage you to post comments or leave feedback on the shots or the site it really would be appreciated.

Andrew

glad to see there's some fellow photo enthusiasts. I've got a flag that I enjoy taking pictures of, will set it up on a website portfolio soon

glad to see there's some fellow photo enthusiasts. I've got a flag that I enjoy taking pictures of, will set it up on a website portfolio soon

Have of image of a fat bloke, wrapped in nothing but a flag. Disturbing. :stunned:

Some very nice pics there and good work. What sort of advice would you give for a novice that isn't really amazing with his camera? Any sites or guides on how to get better. I have an Olympus E-410.

Some very nice pics there and good work. What sort of advice would you give for a novice that isn't really amazing with his camera? Any sites or guides on how to get better. I have an Olympus E-410.
Probably talking out of my a**e as usual. The camera as an article is of course important and for specific applications, the technical possibilties are amazing. However for me the eye is the most important aspect of photography, without that you can have the most amazing equipment and still fail to rise above mediocracy. With a simple camera now using automatic settings anyone with a good eye can produce excellent results. That's why I would suggest looking at the great photographers in order to gain inspiration and ideas.
Would be nice to see a camera section on SZ......perhaps I could find the time and ability to upload a few images.......
.......Oh, and by the way, I've got a Lumix FZ38!!!

Good stuff Yogi, I've rarely used my camera on anything other than automatic - I've worked hard to try and get my photos composed properly.

Back