• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just thought i'd jot down a few points after my journey back to the U.K, i spent 3 weeks with friends and family and am now back in Australia.

After 2 1/2 years of sun, ocean, surfing, barbies etc it was with some trepidation that my feet touched the ground at Heathrow in the ****ing rain 3 weeks ago. After a shaky jet lagged few days the first highlight of the holiday occurred - SUFC V Bristol 30/3/05 7.45 pm.

What can i say, the last time i was there the likes of Clarke, Cort, Searle were treading the pitch in a mediocre mid table squad. I used to walk slowly to my seat after a qiuet beer in the east stand bar and not hear a murmur from anyone, it was a real treat to feel the real change on and off the pitch as i walked toward the stadium. People singing, wearing wigs and flying flags brought me a real sense of pride and excitement and i'd never felt that before at the Hall, it was a great feeling. This feeling topped off with a great performance which made me feel that we are now experiencing a real chance to go up.
Watching the Blues after such a long time was so great i can't explain it, the match passed in what seemed like minutes and i loved every single second to the point that it was with real sadness at the end when i knew i'll probably not see the stadium again for many a year.
This sadness was then only temporary as Cardiff beckoned !!!!!

What can i say about the day?
For me it was magical, and when the teams left the tunnel and walked onto the pitch i had a real lump in my throat which was based on pride and the sad fact i don't know when i'll see the shrimpers play again.
The day was great, met Shrimperzoner Kenny and think i saw Shrimp in a Kilt from afar. Had a few beers in the great atmosphere outside and soaked it up.

Extremely glad to now be back in Aus, yet very sad that i wont be watching the shrimpers in the flesh for who knows how long.

Here's to a Southend feeder club in Perth soon !!!!

nice to meet you, atlhough I would like it known I don't usually make a habit of meeting people outside the gents toilets!
biggrin.gif

Back