• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Due to not having a lot to do on the Friday before heading up to Leicester (or somewhere, not entirely sure though!) I headed down to Loftus Road for a second time this season with a few Ipswich supporting mates. Here's my take on their team (admittedly from that one showing and the Col u game watched from the comfot of my living room:

Defence: De Vos was the standout man for me. Like a more accomplished Adam Barrett. Wilnis seems good going forward but erratic defensively. The others made little impression. Seemed tidy but far from solid. If Eastwood can get in behind De Vos, we could have a lot of joy I feel.

Midfield: Gavin Williams was outstanding. Absolutely ran the show. Heartening to see he didn't play the last game. Don't know if he's injured/suspended. Currie on his day can be destructive, Legwinski definitely seems to have had his day.

Attack: Alan Lee looks like the kind of player who'll take advantage of poor defending but I'm more worried that Macken might find some form soon. A lot of expectation rests on Billy Clarke's shoulders but it seems to me the hype is greater than the ability and potential.

Style: They quite like knocking the ball around and it is important that we don't allow them this luxury. They are hardly the most tenacious team and if we play with a high tempo, I think we can pick them off.

Overall: Pretty similar to us and a reasonable chance of cancelling each other out. I think we have more spark wit Eastwood in. Without Williams in for them, I'd fancy us.

Back