• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
After a very kind offer from Sussex Blue to drive to Swansea we agreed a meet time for the two of us and Smudger to meet. 8am at the station next to my flat was ideal for me.

Decided to have a quiet night the night before but after a few beers and the fact my mates hairdresser that I have been dying to shag for weeks was out didnt get home till 2am.

Drive down to Swansea was pretty easy for the three of us. Only real excitement came when we stopped at a service station that resembled a prisoner of war camp. Hairdresser from last night texting me dirty comments all the way - The omens were good.

Smudger had a hot lead on a pub which was also to be frequented by the Shrimperzone FC express. Dispite Smudgers directions and after a tour the length and breath of South Wales we found the pub beating the SZFC party by 10 mins.

Time for a quick pint and placed my food order. Asked Lee Trundle look-a-like waiter for recommnedation. He suggested the mixed grill - Mainly as it was by far the dearest thing on the menu the greedy *******. I opted for Johns Lucious Hotpot which was a bit of a trade descreption on a few fronts as it was neither Lucious or Hot.

Was gutted when I saw Scriv and Ninja had a curry that looked lovely. Later met John of said Hotpot fame and was shocked as he had brown finger nails. Began to wish I had brought sandwiches.

Mens toilets in the pub has a quait reminder to locals that taking young girls into the toilet was not permitted. Needed a pony and toilet door and had no lock.....Great.

Opted for the park and ride which was fine.Missed one coach by a few seconds but no problems another one was soon to follow. Sadly the driver of this coach had never been to Swansea before or hated all things English as he dropped us right outside their boys pub leaving the three of us to run a gauntlet of Leeks and Inbreds.

Smudger and I decided a few pints were in order once in the ground. We did have 20 mins before kick off after all. Didnt go to well for Smudge as a massive skin head knocked into him while attemtping to head an inflateable sheep as he took his first sip and sent half a pint down him.

Now hadnt been planning on going Swansea till Smudge mailed me in the week. As he is mates with Scriv he said he would make the call and sort tickets. Now I dont know what he has done to Scriv in the past but Dave got his own back by placing the two of us in the very bottom left hand corner of the away end. Right next to the charming Swansea fans.

We were in fact the first line of defence between us and them. Starting to look like a bad day in Bosnia.Had at anyone time 50 blokes offering me out if I looked into the corner. Delightful.

Wont talk about game as loads covering that.

Final whistle went and Smudger and I decided to charge for the front right by the players. Managed to fall over a cut my knee but being a trooper carried on and got right by front of players.Inches from getting Juppys shirt but as he is sweatiest man in football maybe that is not a bad thing.

Moved further up the stand to join in celebrations. Got a massive hug from Shooter and London Fatso. Saw the AAS boys and we decided to start a congo which must hve spread to 200 odd men.I was the front man which was great.

Few more drinks below stadium and loads of cheering. Saw  CS J who almost lifted me off my feet and Chalkwell Blue who looked like he was about to cry with delight.

Made car for half six and was asleep within seconds. Woke up and convinced mysel we were back in Mid-Sussex sadly it turned out to be Swansea still - Cue disappointment.

Got back home for 10am and was out in Brighton for 10.30pm. Managed to upset my best mates,finances matron of honour which should make a good wedding next momth. Spilt a pint down the fittest bird in the club and also made fatal error at half time of texting my best mates bird rather than the hairdresser with a message about what I am going to do to her when I next see her. Clue hours of pi$$ taking from my mates.

.....Who cares...The Blues are going up. Cheers DtS.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Managed to upset my best mates,finances matron of honour which should make a good wedding next momth

There's so much wrong here, I don't know where to start....

wow.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 01 2006,21:29)]Now hadnt been planning on going Swansea till Smudge nailed me in the week.
You Brighton boys never change.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 01 2006,21:29)]Saw  CS J who almost lifted me off my feet
see, i wish i could remember such things..

i still have this feeling today that i did something wrong..
Just can't bloody remember what it was
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 01 2006,21:29)]Chalkwell Blue who looked like he was about to cry with delight.
Thanks mate for telling everone, must admit i was about to. But who cares we just got promoted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 01 2006,21:29)]Now hadnt been planning on going Swansea till Smudge mailed me in the week. As he is mates with Scriv he said he would make the call and sort tickets. Now I dont know what he has done to Scriv in the past but Dave got his own back by placing the two of us in the very bottom left hand corner of the away end. Right next to the charming Swansea fans.

We were in fact the first line of defence between us and them. Starting to look like a bad day in Bosnia.Had at anyone time 50 blokes offering me out if I looked into the corner. Delightful.
You were right by me then...

Particularly liked the 2 old boys who were in the corner of the Swansea stand who were about as Anti-English as Freddy is Magic. and the young boy sitting directly opposite me, who when i was celebrating, called me an English C**t and that he was going to kill me. Nice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ May 02 2006,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 01 2006,21:29)]Now hadnt been planning on going Swansea till Smudge mailed me in the week. As he is mates with Scriv he said he would make the call and sort tickets. Now I dont know what he has done to Scriv in the past but Dave got his own back by placing the two of us in the very bottom left hand corner of the away end. Right next to the charming Swansea fans.

Particularly liked the 2 old boys who were in the corner of the Swansea stand who were about as Anti-English as Freddy is Magic. and the young boy sitting directly opposite me, who when i was celebrating, called me an English C**t and that he was going to kill me. Nice.
must of been right near me as well! remember that well. And the mario look a like who kept holding up his vetch field flag!

Great story Dave.

Can i add my thanks also to anybody who was on the 18.30pm back to London from Swansea. A bloody good laugh on the train and some great conga-ing (???).

Also, the VERY LOUD singing all the way across the Underground on the way back to Liverpool Street from about 80 Shrimpers.

Brilliant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ May 02 2006,15:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ May 02 2006,15:38)]
[b said:

must of been right near me as well! remember that well. And the mario look a like who kept holding up his vetch field flag!
The same kiddie was about 14 and told me that he was going to cut my throat outside.......What a mug
suspect.gif

Back