• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Myles Weston

Napster

No ⭐
Looks like he's joined Wycombe, judging by Wordsworth's tweet.

Anthony Wordsworth ‏@a_words_4 4m4 minutes ago
Gonna miss the banter with @mylesweston used to have him on toast everyday. I'll have to leave that down to @MarcusBean now. Good luck mate

Looks like he's joined Wycombe, judging by Wordsworth's tweet.

Anthony Wordsworth ‏@a_words_4 4m4 minutes ago
Gonna miss the banter with @mylesweston used to have him on toast everyday. I'll have to leave that down to @MarcusBean now. Good luck mate

Especially as Weston had Bean(s) on toast at Wembley.

They obviously think he puts in crosses like he did at Wembley on a weekly basis

Yep ;
Wycombe Wanderers have signed winger Myles Weston on a two-year deal after his release by Southend United.
The 28-year-old Antigua and Barbuda international helped Southend win promotion to League One in 2015, but has started once since November 2015.
Much of his absence has been because of plantar fasciitis, an injury affecting the heel and foot.

Weston has made more than 300 league appearances for clubs including Notts County, Brentford and Gillingham.

Yep ;
Wycombe Wanderers have signed winger Myles Weston on a two-year deal after his release by Southend United.
The 28-year-old Antigua and Barbuda international helped Southend win promotion to League One in 2015, but has started once since November 2015.
Much of his absence has been because of plantar fasciitis, an injury affecting the heel and foot.

Weston has made more than 300 league appearances for clubs including Notts County, Brentford and Gillingham.
I have to hold my hand up as in the dying seconds of the playoff , I was shouting all sorts about the need to get a cross in the area .......And then the rest is history , and my son reminds me frequently of how wrong I was ....

Good luck Myles ,you will do well for them I hope , Sorry for the tirade of abuse I was giving you , I apologise!!

I really think Ainsworth can get the best out of him. The thing about Weston is, he needs to play regularly to keep his confidence up. Additionally, he needs the ball played in front of him so he can run at people. He didn't get that kind of service at Southend. We never utilised his pace and power enough. I think Wycombe will.
Good luck Westy, you'll always be a legend for that cross!

As others have said, think Wycombe will suit him. His main weakness was weirdly his strength here, which was that he was a devastating impact sub, and then rarely made much of a difference when starting.

Obviously THAT cross will be the memory we'll all have of him, but I will remember his role in the goal against Exeter in the dying moments that season just as well. Absolute scenes.

He must have had a serious injury since signing for Wycombe back in June, as he only made his home debut yesterday (where he got sent off!!!) in their 2-0 Loss to Barnet.

Wow......the definition of forgiveness.....Wycombe signing Weston then watching him skinning a full back and putting a cross for a goal..... must give them flashbacks:smile:

I thought the same thing when I saw the highlights. I don't care about Spurs and I feel bad for enjoying the fact that Wycombe lost the way they did but hahahahahaha. I literally hate their left back who scored against us in the final (Bentley OG but from his freekick).

Hilarious goal to watch unless you're an Orient fan, looked like something out of a Carry On film.

Back