• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mysterious car malfunctions.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Two weeks ago I took the car (Ford Mondeo) to go and pick up a Chinese takeaway. The weather was freezing cold, windy and it was raining.

When I got up the next morning all four windows were open and the interior of the car was soaked.

Naturally I got the blame for this disaster however I know the windows on the car were shut when I turned off the ignition and there is no way I could have accidently leant on all four switches to open them.

Has anyone else had any mysterious car malfunctions such as this?

Two weeks ago I took the car (Ford Mondeo) to go and pick up a Chinese takeaway. The weather was freezing cold, windy and it was raining.

When I got up the next morning all four windows were open and the interior of the car was soaked.

Naturally I got the blame for this disaster however I know the windows on the car were shut when I turned off the ignition and there is no way I could have accidently leant on all four switches to open them.

Has anyone else had any mysterious car malfunctions such as this?

Hmmm, not so much.

However, with my car, if you press and hold one of the buttons on the remote-key, it will open all of the windows. Is this perhaps a feature on your remote-key that you weren't aware of, and could you have set it off accidentally?

Hmmm, not so much.

However, with my car, if you press and hold one of the buttons on the remote-key, it will open all of the windows. Is this perhaps a feature on your remote-key that you weren't aware of, and could you have set it off accidentally?

I should have pointed out in the original post that I am looking for evidence to convince my wife that this incident was not my fault.

Make up some long word to explain what happened... such as, "look love, the 'Exvenharator' went, which caused the windows to open, its due to the cold weather... not that you'd know what i was talking about, now, get back to those dishes"

How old is the mondeo? Wasn't it the case on older fords that a ford key could open most fords? Or half a tennis ball on the logo on the bonnet, bang on it and the locks open? I may well be talking bollocks, but you could claim that kids did this as a prank.

I have heard that on certain years Modeos' the flange capacitor (the one connected to the thung-retarder not the scrotum oscilator) can suddenly discharge causing an increase in the viable sputum flux. This has been known to cause inexplicable electrical malfunctions and occasionally piles

My Mini started to do this just before I flogged it & I know of a girl who used to work with my Mrs who this happened to as well.

Almost as if the car breathes out and the windows fall down! :D

Yes, I had the exact same happened to me when I 1st got my BMW (apart from the raining bit luckily).

Related to this don't ever go to BMW Harold Wood for servicing, stupid idiots took it in to check it over, proclaimed they couldn't find anything wrong, and then told me what might happen if I held down the lock button. Also wanted to charge me £500 to have my bonnet re-sprayed after we went on holiday and got back to Gatwick to find something (tar, Airline fuel etc ??) had dripped on it. Took it into BMW Chelmsford last month to have a new tyre fitted, and when I got it back, said drip had been removed from the bonnet at no cost !

You could lock all older fords with a standard key, but it wouldn't unlock them as well.

I did this once to my mums car when I was younger, thinking I was mr billy big bollox in front of my mates, I didn't look so cool when ma pointed out that I'd locked her keys inside it!!!

My now late Renault Clio had a mysterious problem for two years whereby the battery light would flash on and off at random intervals and for various lengths of time whilst I was driving. Initially I thought it must be the fan belt slipping or the alternator on its way out so I took it to a garage but they could find nothing wrong and said everything was working fine and that the battery was at full stength.

Despite subsequent services the problem continued but the car kept running fine. I never did find out what was causing it as the car was recently written off thanks to some vandals who broke in and damaged it beyond repair. But I'm guessing there must have been some sort of electric dysfunction somewhere causing the light to flash for no reason.

Back