• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nadal out of the French Open

scrounger

Duncan Goodhew
Unbelievable Jeff!

Amazing match, Nadal below par but Soderling played some immense stuff.

I must add, the commentators were really getting on my tits towards the end of the match. They kept saying things like "not taking anything away from Soderling but Nadal is way below par today".

I disagree. Nadal may not have been on top form, no but Soderling simply did not let him play; Nadal was unable to get into a rhythm. Yes it is a massive shock but Soderling deserved it for the way he played. For the commentators repeatedly referring to Nadal's dip in form today was uncalled for and just complete rubbish IMO.

Rant over. The draw has opened up now and being as Murray would have faced Nadal in the semis (providing he gets that far as well), his chances of finally acheiving a Grand Slam title have dramatically improved.

Last edited:
I assume you were watching it on the BBC? The Eurosport commentators were (rightly) praising Soderling and not really talking about Nadal as much.

I bet Federer and Murray are rubbing their hands now!

I assume you were watching it on the BBC? The Eurosport commentators were (rightly) praising Soderling and not really talking about Nadal as much.

I bet Federer and Murray are rubbing their hands now!

Apologies, should have mentioned that, you are correct. I didn't choose a channel for commentary quality, just the first one I chose.

What odds could you have got on Soderling before the match?

Apologies, should have mentioned that, you are correct. I didn't choose a channel for commentary quality, just the first one I chose.

Ha ha, you're the second person to ask me that already! Been off work for a couple of days so really not sure, but upwards of 20/1 I am guessing.

Blimey that has put the cat among the pigeons, and given that the charmless one had an easy 3 set win. Can he or Federer win in Paris, or is there another Spanish clay court exponent still in the draw?

Blimey that has put the cat among the pigeons, and given that the charmless one had an easy 3 set win. Can he or Federer win in Paris, or is there another Spanish clay court exponent still in the draw?

Verdasco is still in, but currently two sets down to Davydenko.

Fernando Gonzalez (Chile) lies ahead for Murray.

44/1

My housemate had lumped on Nadal big time.

Soderling v Gonzalez, gripping match! Mate at work put a bet on Gonzalez to win when he was 2 sets down, he is now bricking it as it is 4-4 in the fifth at the moment!

He didn't get to see his odds exactly becase we are at work, anyone know roughly what the odds were? This is a truly amazing semi-final, very tense stuff indeed.

Edit: It is now 5-4 Soderling, serving for the match, his tenner bet will be wasted after all by the looks of things!

Last edited:
Back