• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
I wonder how the players will react to the pressure on Wednesday night?
I know from a personal point of view that I am very nervous about the game.
I have been having these horrible nightmares that Mosh will get red carded at some stage and Belford will make a horrendous mistake.
I do think our boys are confident though and this was demonstrated when they went for the game after going 1 down at Crewe. It did not look like we were happy to accept a 1-0 .
The longer the game goes on the more and more tense it is going to get.
Will Crewe try to hold that lead and park the bus? Do we have the skill to break them down if they do?
Is any one else having these bad thoughts running through their head?:party:

Will it be party time or drown your sorrows. NERVOUS !!!

My guess is that Crewe will come and try to keep it tight and protect the lead, hoping to catch us on the break. We only need one goal to remove their advantage and personally the longer it goes at 0-0 the better. If we score an early goal that will completely change their gameplan and I'm not confident of keeping a clean sheet.

My perfect scenario... 0-0 at 90 mins and 2 goals to us in injury time

My guess is that Crewe will come and try to keep it tight and protect the lead, hoping to catch us on the break. We only need one goal to remove their advantage and personally the longer it goes at 0-0 the better. If we score an early goal that will completely change their gameplan and I'm not confident of keeping a clean sheet.

My perfect scenario... 0-0 at 90 mins and 2 goals to us in injury time

We'd be out if it's 0-0 at 90 mins

You mean 1-1 on agg at 90 mins?

If experience counts for anything then we will have the edge. They have a young side, whilst we have experienced players, who in theory should cope with the pressure more. However, this is Southend United we are talking about!.

Was just about to say this, am feeling the nerves tonight. We can do it, depending on which version of southend turns up!

I've been nervous all week. Will be glad when the whistle goes and kick off comes.

Ahh my mistake, Im reading it as extra time, I think I got that on the brain today.

That be a bit too nervy, Ill settle for a goal in each half with no reply..:smile:

We won't need ET or penolas, we will be cruising by half time ;) (optimistic)

Ahh my mistake, Im reading it as extra time, I think I got that on the brain today.

That be a bit too nervy, Ill settle for a goal in each half with no reply..:smile:

My worry is crewe have scored every game since we beat them! So in theory we may need more than 2 goals!

Am looking forward to this tonight. Definitely our biggest game for some time. Have to get a days work in first although I'm not sure how productive it will be as my mind is certainly elsewhere. COYB.

Nails ready for biting?.................You'll be bloody lucky, I haven't got any nails left.......starting to bite into the sides of my fingers. Please can we bring on tonight QUICKLY..........before I start getting into cannibalism!

Nervous energy is good, it feeds the adrenalin that will be coursing through our bodies (and the players'). Being level at the end of normal time is another matter! Fingers crossed the quality Southend Utd turn up tonight, the number of people that have said to me how bad Saturday was, I really want them to understand that wasn't a typical performance. No better way to show them than by winning tonight.

What will be will be,we shouldn't have been in this situation we stayed in the top 3 for months and months so where did it all go wrong,if Crewe come down tonight and win and go on to promotion then good luck to them,our players and manager will need to take a step back and take the blame if it all goes tits up,it shouldn't have come down to this

What will be will be,we shouldn't have been in this situation we stayed in the top 3 for months and months so where did it all go wrong,if Crewe come down tonight and win and go on to promotion then good luck to them,our players and manager will need to take a step back and take the blame if it all goes tits up,it shouldn't have come down to this

But it has.

So we have to do what is required tonight.

Back