• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

****nal and official attendances etc

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Watched the ****nal game and a bit confused as per usual with gates. I mean they say that the emirates holds 60,000 , but todays attendance was 60,049 and there were loads of empty seats maybe as many as 5-10,000. Kinda the same for us when they say its a full house yet there are some seats available. Kinda wierd, but i am glad that premiership attendances are falling and ours increasing.

The capacity at the Emirates is 60,432 so more likely there was something like 383 empty seats!! Plus around half time the club level seats get empty real early and fill up late after cos they are all too busy drinking the free booze they get!

Watched the ****nal game and a bit confused as per usual with gates. I mean they say that the emirates holds 60,000 , but todays attendance was 60,049 and there were loads of empty seats maybe as many as 5-10,000. Kinda the same for us when they say its a full house yet there are some seats available. Kinda wierd, but i am glad that premiership attendances are falling and ours increasing.

Apparently there are 3 or 4 ways that clubs are allowed to announce an 'official attendance'.

Most Prem clubs always include all season ticket holders even if not all of them have turned up. Most Prem clubs always include comp, directors, staff tickets in the attendance as well.

Southend on the other hand I believe only include season ticket holders that have turned up and any other paid for tickets. We do not include directors, comps or staff tickets in our official attendance (hence Yeovil crowd 11,735 when probably only 100 empty seats out of 12,300).

The answer is obvious. Ar$enal season ticket holders aren't interested in seeing their team struggle against lowly Wigan. Had that been Man Ure or Chel$ea they'd have managed to get to the game.

****nals attendance is pretty good i think actually. there are always around 60,000 but occasionally get to 59,000. there was just under 60,000 at the brazil game. the prices weren't bad, the tickets were great. great stadium. no complaints from me.

there were loads of empty seats maybe as many as 5-10,000. .

Theres not that many. Even 5,000 would be an empty seat every 10 seats.

Ive been there serveral times and the home seats alwayssell out and there were indeed empty seats, and in one place a fair block of about 100seats.

There could be up to 1,000 empty seats when they are "full".

No idea why they sell out when they have those seats, or what the capacity actually is if every seat was used and counted.

****nals attendance is pretty good i think actually. there are always around 60,000 but occasionally get to 59,000. there was just under 60,000 at the brazil game. the prices weren't bad, the tickets were great. great stadium. no complaints from me.

And, more notably, incredible (but expensive) pies!!

Roast vegetable and cauliflower cheese. Brilliant!

It's funny you say that as i went to the Emirates to see ****nal vs Sheff Utd a few months back and i said the same thing to my mate. There seemed to be at least 3,000 empty seats in the ground yet the attendance was given as about 400 below the capacity again that day as well.

It's funny you say that as i went to the Emirates to see ****nal vs Sheff Utd a few months back and i said the same thing to my mate. There seemed to be at least 3,000 empty seats in the ground yet the attendance was given as about 400 below the capacity again that day as well.

I was also at that game :finger:

i actually was to. not just saying that either. maldon blue i looked out for your flag at the brazil game but couldn;t see it. how quality were those mexican waves! haha

Back