• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Went to see ****nal youth team last night, as they were playing at the Emirates, and it was an easy opportunity to cross that ground off the list.

Now, seeing as usually they would play their games on a field at ****nals training ground, but as the first team are away in Holland, they were allowed to use the stadium.

Firstly, awesome stadium, really impressive. Prices were shocking, but they served Bovril, and pre mixed spirits! Awesome.

Anyway, the most shocking thing was the attendance. Now seeing as it is a new stadium etc, I thought there would be a few that would be there just for that (me and my brother were there for that reason) so I expect maybe 2,000 people.

The official attendance was over 11,000. Yes, 11,000.

However, of that, I reckon only about 15 people had ever been to a live game before. This was v Cardiff youths in the FA Youth Cup quarter final. Cardiff were booed as they warmed up, and spotty kids thinking they were ****nal's most loyal supporters were singing 'Stand up if you hate Tottenham'

At least tonight I'll be in the company of people that understand football. I was proud to be a shrimper last night! :)

I'd say that's a much bigger attendance than i would expect to be honest mate.

Also a bit contentious that you should tick it off for a non-competitive game....

:)

Live football? Bovril? Giving the opposition some abuse before the game? Singing?

Seems like they already know real football, at least more than the tourists who no doubt frequent Ashburton Grove when the first team are playing.

I wanna go to the Emirates need to cross that off my list? Did you get a ticket stub??

Back