• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Name that album?

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
Jackson 5 - Candy Girl, which album was it off? I was listening to it on Southend Radio last night and downloaded it but can't find what album it is off.

Call me thick , but i alsways thought candy girl was sung by New Edition ( bobby Brown ) , or am i just having one ???

I am not sure I searched it and it came up with Jackson 5! Hmmm maybe somebody thought it was Jackson 5.

Yep just looked it up, its by New Edition lol! Cheers DB.

Wasn't one of them Brown's replacement?

I'm still chuffed with myself for remembering BelVBivDefoe though. Not sure where I pulled that out from!

Might have been - Tresvant came in late. He had a huge solo track with Sensitivity. I've got BellBivDevoe's album Poison - a classic album.

Blimey, just looked it up and Ralph is 40! Eeek. Oh and Gill was Bobby's replacement.

Gill released a classic album in 1990 - with My, My, My and Rub You the Right Way

And yet, New Edition are still together...

[edit] 2005-present: New beginnings
In the fall of 2005, New Edition performed a medley of hits at BET’s 25th Anniversary Special. During their set, they brought Bobby Brown out onstage for an impromptu rendition of their 1985 hit “Mr. Telephone Man.” It was later announced on BET and Access Hollywood that Brown has reconciled with New Edition and rejoined the group and will be on the next New Edition album. By January 2006, New Edition announced that the group would launch a new album and tour in 2008.

On August 26, 2006, New Edition filmed a concert at the University of South Carolina's Koger Center in Columbia set for a future DVD release, the concert was billed as “Spend the Night with New Edition,” a BET special presented by Lincoln whom the group has done advertising with, Bobby Brown also made an appearance at the show.

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are expected to handle 90% of the album's production and writing duties. Also in the works are a bio-book and a biopic about the group. In an interview with NJS4ever.com, Bobby Brown also mentioned that both he and Johnny Gill are scheduled to release albums in 2008. He spoke about the group's release also. The group (minus Brown) had recorded a new song with New Kids on the Block called, “Full Service” for their latest album, " The Block". Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill have formed a new group called "The Summit" which has several touring dates scheduled for 2008[5].

Back