• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Bishop

I really hope it works out for him. Hopefully Henderson gets sold and then De Gea has a mare and then Bish gets his chance to prove himself.

I really hope it works out for him. Hopefully Henderson gets sold and then De Gea has a mare and then Bish gets his chance to prove himself.
Hopefully you are right, but I think there is more chance of him getting a Championship team coming in for him if he shows enough promise.

Hopefully you are right, but I think there is more chance of him getting a Championship team coming in for him if he shows enough promise.

I could imagine they’ll do what they did with Henderson with him and send him out on loan. That’s his chance to prove how good he is.

Reactions: RHB
No De Gea in The Fairs Cup tonight. Thought Bish might be on the bench but Lee Grant is back in the frame

No De Gea in The Fairs Cup tonight. Thought Bish might be on the bench but Lee Grant is back in the frame
Suspect Henderson will be off because he's far too good to be on the bench but I can't see Bishop surpassing Lee Grant for the 3rd choice spot, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on loan somewhere. Even if he does 6 months of quality coaching will have done him a lot of good.

Blimey, he's obviously impressing someone there, be interesting to see where he ends up on loan

Absolutely buzzing for him. He must be in dreamland right now. Looks like he’s carried his brilliant attitude with him to United too judging by some of the replies from the first teamers. Good on you Bish ??

Absolutely buzzing for him. He must be in dreamland right now. Looks like he’s carried his brilliant attitude with him to United too judging by some of the replies from the first teamers. Good on you Bish ??

Agreed. It was interesting watching a Football Focus interview with Mark Wright after he signed for Crawley. He made the point that it wasn't the best players that made it, it was the players that were committed and hard working. Afterwards I think it was Mark Lawrenson that said that it was a pity that he only worked that out at the age of 33.

It seems that Nath worked that out long ago. I really hope he makes it. What I also find interesting is the contrast between the paths that he and Dan Bentley have taken. I'm looking forward to seeing which works out the best in the end.

Agreed. It was interesting watching a Football Focus interview with Mark Wright after he signed for Crawley. He made the point that it wasn't the best players that made it, it was the players that were committed and hard working. Afterwards I think it was Mark Lawrenson that said that it was a pity that he only worked that out at the age of 33.

It seems that Nath worked that out long ago. I really hope he makes it. What I also find interesting is the contrast between the paths that he and Dan Bentley have taken. I'm looking forward to seeing which works out the best in the end.

I reckon Bishop is more likely to get an England cap than Bentley.

There I've said it! This post will come back and bite me in the arse when Napster brings it back up in years to come.

Manchester United have 4 other goalkeepers in the Under 23 squad, let alone De Gea, Henderson and Romero and Lee Grant. I wonder how many actual games of football Nathan gets to play.

Manchester United have 4 other goalkeepers in the Under 23 squad, let alone De Gea, Henderson and Romero and Lee Grant. I wonder how many actual games of football Nathan gets to play.

Of course, it's unlikely but he is still only 21 years old. There's loans to come (I would still expect a loan for him this window tbh) and he will continue to mature under that next level coaching at United.

Everyone has always praised this kid's attitude. If anyone can (make the United first team) then Nathan Bishop can

Back