• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Nathan Ferguson Signs

Always got hammered on Canvey! Freezing cold, ****ing with rain ankle deep in mud! On one occassion their keeper Arthur Shave(?) played with sleeves rolled up strolling around like it was a lovely summers day!
Arthur Shave also played for Tilbury FC.

Best wishes for the rest of the season - desperately hope you stay up - how can anyone not love Southend? My second favourite team in League Two and one of the best away days in the league!

Now that's how opposition fans should post on this forum!

Also thanks for the insight in to Ferguson, hopefully he can add something to our squad.

Have we? Where did you read that?

from the Crawley website

Crawley Town Football Club can confirm that Nathan Ferguson has joined fellow League Two club, Southend United, on a permanent transfer for an undisclosed fee.

Nathan joined the club at the beginning of the 2019/20 season under then-manager, Gabriele Cioffi. Ferguson made an instant impact scoring on his home debut against Salford in a 2-0 victory. The midfielder became a regular starter for Crawley and went on to make 39 appearances in the remainder of the season. Nathan went on to make over 50 appearances for the Reds after appearing 13 times this season.

Ferguson scored 7 goals for Crawley during his tenure at The People’s Pension Stadium, his most memorable goal being the equaliser against Championship side Stoke City in the third round of the Carabao Cup, the Reds went on to win the game on penalties to progress to round four.

Chief Executive and Technical Director Erdem Konyar said: “We’d like to thank Ferguson for his great service to the club over the past two seasons. He made a great step up into the professional game and I’m sure he will succeed at Southend.”

Everyone at the club wishes Nathan all the best at Southend and we thank him for his service to the club.

from the Crawley website

Crawley Town Football Club can confirm that Nathan Ferguson has joined fellow League Two club, Southend United, on a permanent transfer for an undisclosed fee.

....as it's undisclosed, Ron could have just promised them a couple of free tickets for the grand opening of the new stadium!

....as it's undisclosed, Ron could have just promised them a couple of free tickets for the grand opening of the new stadium!

I would imagine that in the majority of these scenarios the undisclosed fee is us agreeing to pay whatever money Crawley still owe Ferguson as part of his signing on fee so that Crawley aren't out of pocket for letting him move on and Crawley are happy to just free up their wage budget (remember with the wage cap they may not be able to bring in players unless they offload first).

Hi guys, I am a Crawley supporter and I have registered to give what insights I can on Nathan Ferguson.

He's a decent player and was liked by the fans. He is tremendous on the ball, he has great vision and knocks the ball around very well. He has a rocket shot and scored some fantastic goals for us. I think he played pretty much the whole season last year and he really should have scored more - he was a little shot shy on the edge of the box.

He is very strong and when he makes runs, he brushes past players and knocks them out the way - it is very hard to get the ball off him. The opposite is true as well - when he mistimes tackles he can knock players into the middle of next week.

His real weakness though is his lack of pace. If he was fast he would be playing at a far higher level. He strolls through matches and struggles to keep up when he tracks back. As long as someone can do the hard work for him, he is a great playmaker.

He fell out of favour with Yems as we are set up to play high energy, high tempo throughout the team and that is not Nathan's strength.

Good luck to him - I think he will certainly strengthen your midfield. I hope he is a great success for you, as long as it doesn't happen against us!

Best wishes for the rest of the season - desperately hope you stay up - how can anyone not love Southend? My second favourite team in League Two and one of the best away days in the league!
In a strange twist i am a southend fan who now lives in Crawley..indeed I watch the reds on occasions ..and the cup replay a couple of years ago ..meant I was home in ten minds lol
Thanks for your insight on our new signing ..my god I hope something clicks and we escape..Good luck for Crawley rest of season

In a strange twist i am a southend fan who now lives in Crawley..indeed I watch the reds on occasions ..and the cup replay a couple of years ago ..meant I was home in ten minds lol
Thanks for your insight on our new signing ..my god I hope something clicks and we escape..Good luck for Crawley rest of season

Me too. How strange! :Thumbs up:

Let him Reeco and Simeon do the business up the other end of the pitch and get back to the solid foundation we had of back four and holding two

We can still do this. Pleased we have got a couple of new faces in just need to refind that fire in the belly from the unbeaten streak.

Be interesting to see if he comes straight im a la biggest centre half in the EFL

Back