• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Nathan Ferguson Signs

We were linked with him few years back when he was in non-league. Few clubs were after him as well.

Happy with this, known of him from his non-league years. He's a baller.

Risky signing after seeing what happened to Saint-Maximim at Newcastle post-COVID. Still not the striker we need, but he signed a defender last week, midfielder this week, so is slowly building in the right direction.

Pretty much every description I’ve read of him states that he’s talented but his work rate is often very shoddy. I wonder if MM can inspire it out of him?

Pretty much every description I’ve read of him states that he’s talented but his work rate is often very shoddy. I wonder if MM can inspire it out of him?

The last thing we want is someone with a questionable workrate. In our current situation we need eleven Michael Timlin types on the pitch.
Let's hope that the work rate opinions are unfounded and that Nathan has a successful career with us, good luck to him.

Obviously a striker is top priority but we needed Ferguson and Im still not convinced of our strength in midfield
Creepy Crawley have double the number of midfielders and could afford to let Nathan go, given the level of their competition. Without Ferguson we would have had Klass ( who? ) ? Halford.??? Mc Cormack ( Knackered ) Egbri ( injured ) Olayinka ( injured-back with Arsenal ) Demetriou, and Kyle Taylor ( on loan) Can push Dieng in there and Hart thank god, but still not very comforting in midfield in my humblest

My mate watches Dulwich Hamlet a lot, comes to a lot of Southend games too. I asked about him.

He said he was good in a good team. But again, much like Goodship, is the step up too much? When you consider, much like Goodship, he's stepping up the a struggling team, it's hard to be confident and flourish.

Time will tell but we definitely needed another midfielder. Our previous game was most definitely testament to that!

Back