• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Nathan Ferguson Signs

Has league experience and the right sort of age. Post injury form a worry. I think we know there are not going to be any signings without risk. Lets hope for the best and give him a chance.

Surprised to hear people say his work rate is poor, doesn't seem like the sort of thing MM would put up with with his extensive due diligence. We aren't in the position to be too picky with who we can bring in, but clearly MM thinks he can get a shift out of the lad. If he does, and his previous injury doesn't hamper him, then it sounds like a very decent signing.

Guess we've also got one eye on building for next season with Macca, JD, Halford, White all getting on.

Desperate disappointment for me !!!
I was over the moon—and back again when I saw “Nathan Ferguson signs “.
The brilliant young defender was being tipped for international honours with his outstanding performances for the Albion. He then got injured and snaffled by Crystal Palace —my initial reaction was that he was being loaned out to regain fitness.

Hi guys, I am a Crawley supporter and I have registered to give what insights I can on Nathan Ferguson.

He's a decent player and was liked by the fans. He is tremendous on the ball, he has great vision and knocks the ball around very well. He has a rocket shot and scored some fantastic goals for us. I think he played pretty much the whole season last year and he really should have scored more - he was a little shot shy on the edge of the box.

He is very strong and when he makes runs, he brushes past players and knocks them out the way - it is very hard to get the ball off him. The opposite is true as well - when he mistimes tackles he can knock players into the middle of next week.

His real weakness though is his lack of pace. If he was fast he would be playing at a far higher level. He strolls through matches and struggles to keep up when he tracks back. As long as someone can do the hard work for him, he is a great playmaker.

He fell out of favour with Yems as we are set up to play high energy, high tempo throughout the team and that is not Nathan's strength.

Good luck to him - I think he will certainly strengthen your midfield. I hope he is a great success for you, as long as it doesn't happen against us!

Best wishes for the rest of the season - desperately hope you stay up - how can anyone not love Southend? My second favourite team in League Two and one of the best away days in the league!

Hi guys, I am a Crawley supporter and I have registered to give what insights I can on Nathan Ferguson.

He's a decent player and was liked by the fans. He is tremendous on the ball, he has great vision and knocks the ball around very well. He has a rocket shot and scored some fantastic goals for us. I think he played pretty much the whole season last year and he really should have scored more - he was a little shot shy on the edge of the box.

He is very strong and when he makes runs, he brushes past players and knocks them out the way - it is very hard to get the ball off him. The opposite is true as well - when he mistimes tackles he can knock players into the middle of next week.

His real weakness though is his lack of pace. If he was fast he would be playing at a far higher level. He strolls through matches and struggles to keep up when he tracks back. As long as someone can do the hard work for him, he is a great playmaker.

He fell out of favour with Yems as we are set up to play high energy, high tempo throughout the team and that is not Nathan's strength.

Good luck to him - I think he will certainly strengthen your midfield. I hope he is a great success for you, as long as it doesn't happen against us!

Best wishes for the rest of the season - desperately hope you stay up - how can anyone not love Southend? My second favourite team in League Two and one of the best away days in the league!
Thanks for the detail. Sounds very much like the info we have been getting. If we stay up this season I really think it will be a completely different season next and a much better one!

Thanks for the heads up, buddy !

I think we miss that creative spark , if we can build around him and accommodate his perhaps lack of pace then should be ok , perhaps he could be similar to Wordsworth , who without question was decent on the ball with good vision but lacked the desire and pace to get back and cover his defensive duties .

How have we managed to steal two of Crawley’s players? Impressive that Molesley is able to sign these players, hats off to him.

Welcome Nathan, hopefully you can help fire us away from that bottom spot we have been rooted too for so long.

Can we sign you up to Shrimperzone on a permanent deal to boost morale?

that is a good summing up of Nathan Ferguson ability.

Back