• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always liked Nathan Jones, the season he left us when he was voted player of the year he was quality! Good luck to him.... Never know could become Southend United manager one day ;)

Always liked Nathan Jones, the season he left us when he was voted player of the year he was quality! Good luck to him.... Never know could become Southend United manager one day ;)

He also clapped us at the end of the game when we played them last, which I thought was nice of him. Shame he left us, did like him when he played for us.

Good solid LB...Just what we need right now...(but not him, he's too old now)

Our player of the year in ........ too many years ago to remember. According to the BBC he is now 39, made 23 appearances for Yeovil this season but is now leaving the club.

Sign him up cos "Nathan Jones, youv'e been gone to long........."

Saw him play for Yeovil this year. None of those great runs down the left wing, but sound in defence

At the age of 39 most players are long retired - so I'm not surprised that the runs up the wing are restricted! I wonder if he will try and get another club or management position lower down the leagues.

Even better one in his last game for us at home against Cheltenham in 1999/2000.

Yep quality run from him pretty much the length of the pitch and fantastic finish from distance I seem to remember to win us the game 2-1 having been 1 down. At 1 nil down we'd had to suffer too much delirious chanting of 'Cheltenhamshire la la la " as Cheltenham were going for Play Off place I think. That went out of the window for them with that last gasp goal.

Installed as caretaker boss at Brighton after Sammy Hypia resigns

Currently first team coach at Brighton, but reportedly set to be announced as the new Luton Town manager.

Anyone remember his mazy run that started from the edge of our penalty box which led to the winning goal he scored in the 90th minute against Cheltenham on last day of 1999/2000 season? 2-1 victory that day if i Recall.

Was that the year he was named as player of the year ............. and promptly left. And it happened again shortly afterwards I think.

Thank goodness those days are behind us ...................... or are they?

Yes I think everyone knew that he was going to leave. We were a very mediocre bottom half Division 3 club at the time and it was a chore watching us play. Can't blame him at all for moving onto Brighton at the time.

Back