• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph and his last two-and-a-bit seasons

I think he looks like he'd be a decent wing back, as would Elvis.

Disagree, every time Elvis has played at wing back, he gets completely isolated. If we have a decent enough centre midfield or centre backs, it might work, but we don't, and it doesn't!

When I first saw Ralph play this season, I thought we'd got ourselves an upgrade on Coker - someone who was quick, could head well and attack and defend. Unfortunately, this all seems to have been sucked out of him by the quality of what we're currently dishing up as a team.

I'm certainly not going to dig him out, he's definitely not the biggest of our problems.

Picking on the wrong poster as usual.

You used the word 'reward'. I took you at your word (probably foolishly).

I particularly liked Kevin Maher in his first game at Burnley even though we lost 1-0.

Try answering the questions asked before obfuscating.

I'm not picking on you, I like you.

My point was to all the many fans who who prefer to slag. Ralph has talent, pace, jumps well and can cross a really decent ball.

Like OBL says he is one of the many who is lacking in confidence......Just when he shows some positive signs people would rather slag than encourage. I for one hope he continues upwards because that will improve my team and might help save my club from L2.

Disagree, every time Elvis has played at wing back, he gets completely isolated. If we have a decent enough centre midfield or centre backs, it might work, but we don't, and it doesn't!
Fair enough, I know what you mean. I think with cover and time he'd be good there. We just look so bad everyone looks out of place

Two weeks after I posted Ralph is not good enough end of ....
After last night anyone out there still think he is even half decent?

His positional play is dire and he just doesn't seem aware of opposition players getting behind him... extremely poor replacement for Coker at present.
Coaching could be the answer, but do we have the time to carry him at present

It’s really difficult to judge either full back at present as neither are really getting the protection they need. Both Ralph and Elvis look very poor defensively - is that them or the team around them?

His positional play is dire and he just doesn't seem aware of opposition players getting behind him... extremely poor replacement for Coker at present.
Coaching could be the answer, but do we have the time to carry him at present

We don't have much of a choice. Kyprianou is still out for the foreseeable and we don't have any other left backs.

I think there's a player in there somewhere but the last couple of years have taken their toll on him. Mentally he looks shot to pieces.

While I don't subscribe to the view that we have a good team on paper (Ron's boast that we have the 5th highest wage bill just shows what a **** CEO he makes), individually we are better than what we are showing. There are some ok players in there but we're just not working as a team.

One of the worst defensive players i've ever seen at Roots Hall. How can a pro footballer not understand to mark goal side? You are taught that at junior level.

He was player of the season last year for Dundee in SPL...

I know they were relegated but notwithstanding, to me that really doesn't sound like someone whose confidence is shot, or someone playing very poorly week in, week out. A really strange one this

I'm not picking on you, I like you.

My point was to all the many fans who who prefer to slag. Ralph has talent, pace, jumps well and can cross a really decent ball.

Like OBL says he is one of the many who is lacking in confidence......Just when he shows some positive signs people would rather slag than encourage. I for one hope he continues upwards because that will improve my team and might help save my club from L2.
do you really think its confidence though? Its ok to admit that sometimes he just aint good enough...

He was player of the season last year for Dundee in SPL...

I know they were relegated but notwithstanding, to me that really doesn't sound like someone whose confidence is shot, or someone playing very poorly week in, week out. A really strange one this
The gulf between the SPL and our league has been proven at least a dozen times this season already. Ralph, Shaughnessy, Milligan plus Brown's wow signing Kiernan are just not good enough for L1 and we now see clearly the utter folly of these signings. There is no substitute for a nucleus of experienced battle hardened L1 pros,which is precisely what we are lacking and why we are so deep in trouble. We can't go on being fooled by the fake attractions of international captain, player of the year, ace goalscorer etc if these players are plucked from leagues where different standards prevail.

Just watch Ralph on corners. Doesn't mark any player and completely static.

I actually think Ralph will come good. Whether it’s with us, who knows but today I saw glimpses of a half decent player there.

Back