• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph and Jack Bridge

I’m thinking something like this:

View attachment 26638

I’d ideally like a ball-playing GK over Arnold and a striker in the Sam Dalby mould instead of Powell. Looks like Hobson is leaving as well, so potentially Lomas instead of him.

Mooney and Gus can rotate sometimes to get the benefits of having Mooney wide right, and Gus can move inside to get on the end of crosses.
We do have a ball playing keeper in Collin. Yes, like all keepers he sometimes over does it, but even the very best get it wrong sometimes. The more he plays the better he will become.

Any chance we might be able to get Dalby back on loan? Can see Wrexham adding firepower and him struggling for game time…
I tweeted the same thing a couple of days ago! Not sure if he’d be available but if he is, I’d imagine he won’t move until quite late in the window.

We do have a ball playing keeper in Collin. Yes, like all keepers he sometimes over does it, but even the very best get it wrong sometimes. The more he plays the better he will become.
Apologies, should have said an experienced ball-playing GK. Fwiw I like both of our current keepers and think they’re more than good enough to be first choice next season. But with Arnold out of contract it gives us an opportunity to improve that area if we feel we need to.

I’m thinking something like this:

View attachment 26638

I’d ideally like a ball-playing GK over Arnold and a striker in the Sam Dalby mould instead of Powell. Looks like Hobson is leaving as well, so potentially Lomas instead of him.

Mooney and Gus can rotate sometimes to get the benefits of having Mooney wide right, and Gus can move inside to get on the end of crosses.
Not sure Powell and Mooney in those central positions would work .. neither has been that effective there. I’d love to see Mooney pushed wide right to offer more of a threat but yes that leaves what to do with GSM who can also do a job there. I really like the idea of players rotating positions or switching flanks mid game to keep defenders on their toes.

What no place for Gus ? remember Man City usually have Walker where you have put Mooney. Gus must be a shoe in for that position.
I thought walker was on the right side of 3 man defence - normally it's Mahrez playing wide right. Ie no wing backs proper old school wingers with the defensive mids covering back into central defence when needed

Not sure Powell and Mooney in those central positions would work .. neither has been that effective there. I’d love to see Mooney pushed wide right to offer more of a threat but yes that leaves what to do with GSM who can also do a job there. I really like the idea of players rotating positions or switching flanks mid game to keep defenders on their toes.
Yes agreed here. Only reason I didn't add GSM was because I'm not sure he can play the walker role and Mooney is a more attack minded player wide right to unlock defence and score goals and support the lone striker

I think I like 2 now, 3 maybe for the future.

Given we are doing so well defensively and are scoring goals, can bridge come in for one of Fonguck or Taylor?

View attachment 23058

Subs
  • 4 Lomas
  • 8 Husin
  • 16 Taylor
  • 24 Demetriou
  • 19 Wreh
Cosgrave drops out. Waiting on Mooney, Hyde and Murph

For me that 16 was good enough to challenge for Top 3 , i think in any other season without Wrexham and Notts county plus our off field issues we would of done so

Back