• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph is named captain of Southend United

Yep, right choice for me. Love Steeeeeve but don't agree with a GK, presume Demi has become more of a club captain figure, similar to John.

Not sure he would have been my choice tbh, but kevs around them all the time and im sure he knows best.

don’t think there’s any obvious other choice at the moment (outfield). Do wonder why it was left so late - maybe had someone lined up.

Congratulations Nathan, right choice in my opinion. Experienced solid defender with years of service.

don’t think there’s any obvious other choice at the moment (outfield). Do wonder why it was left so late - maybe had someone lined up.
What’s the rush?

Gives you a full pre-season to see who the new signings gravitate to most etc. Can also see who might deputise if he gets suspended for 5 bookings/joins an EFL club etc

Never had a problem with a keeper as captain as long as they are vocal and commanding! Which by trade they should be, Centre half is my favourite as skipper and maybe we were holding out for Lopata?

Ralph needs a lesson in captaining, talk to ref, be polite BUT tell him he is being mugged off, point out repeated offences.
Ralphie is in the pre match and half time talks, so be the voice on field if players are not doing their roles, a quiet word or a " hairdryer " telling: BUT that is in the scope of captain duty, I suggest Paul Clarke to give him the role tutorial.

Reactions: RHB
Never had a problem with a keeper as captain as long as they are vocal and commanding! Which by trade they should be, Centre half is my favourite as skipper and maybe we were holding out for Lopata?
Mark Oxley probably didn't fit your criteria when he lumped that Charlton player a few seasons back when wearing the arm band.

Back