• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Nathan Ralph signs

Looks like a good signing this and an Essex lad too from Dunmow.

Welcome to the theatre of dreams Nathan.

Guess this means we won’t be getting Hart back then?

Looks like a good signing this and an Essex lad too from Dunmow.

Welcome to the theatre of dreams Nathan.

Guess this means we won’t be getting Hart back then?

Unless Clifford is suddenly considered a first team player, we still need two left backs. Ralph is the first, Hart could be the second...

Just seen a few clips on you tube, looks to be a very good attacking left back, not short of confidence :Thumbs up:

Nice one Yorkie.

Looks a tall, direct and fairly quick player. Seems to have a decent cross on him too.

The Scottish branch of our scouts seem to have done ok on first glance...

Sounds good. Much rather these sort of signings than ex prem oldies. Local boy too.

Or ex players that were good for us 8 years ago.

It’s nice that they’re no one anyone could’ve guessed too. I’m starting to think KB was a very shrewd appointment by RM.

Very impressive signing. Looks to have been very highly rated when at Woking prior to his move to Dundee and appears to have carried on impressing whilst there. Is a good age, in his prime with time to improve, local lad and no consistent injury layoffs (I think).

Have to say, with Ralph, Milligan and Goodship I think we’ve already made three great signings so far. Definitely far more impressed than I was with last year’s recruitment.

Or ex players that were good for us 8 years ago.

It’s nice that they’re no one anyone could’ve guessed too. I’m starting to think KB was a very shrewd appointment by RM.

Totally agree. KB does keep his cards close to his chest and it's a welcome change.

Decent given at some point Hull and Barnsley were in the chase too- would have come to play regularly- but imagine we will sign another left back but takes the pressure off a bit.

He's had a weird career. How many players go from non-league to the Scottish Prem? Seems intriguing though - he's had some experience in this division, which should be a plus, from when he was at Yeovil but then seemed to bounce around non-league before attracting rave reviews at Woking.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-charlton-oxford-scottish-premiership-hearts/

And then done well at Dundee. Was linked with Barnsley and Hull.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...an-ralph-hull-city-barnsley-dundee-transfer/#

Was (unfairly) sent off against Rangers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46540197

He seems from the video I linked to earlier to have a bit of pace about him which is something we definitely lacked. He's in his prime as well and I suppose his CV wouldn't have been that dissimilar to Ben Coker's when we signed him- at least if we'd signed Ralph last summer before he went to Dundee. Let's hope he has as good a Southend career as Coker did:Thumbs up:

lets not forget that Kyprianou can play left back so not entirely short there now

Pleased with the signing of Ralph seems to have a decent pedigree about him!

Looks like a really good signing to me. about to hit his prime and has done well in the SPL.
Could well be an upgrade on Coker.

Also that Dundee forum has a nice interface

Unless Clifford is suddenly considered a first team player, we still need two left backs. Ralph is the first, Hart could be the second...

We have Kyprianou and White who can play LB , plus Elvis and Demi for a short period , so can't see us being interested in Hart now.

Back