• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National Athems

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Obviously our own one moves me but is there any others that make you feel as if you would want to adopt it.

I really like the Russian one personally. Anyone else.

By the way, I'm not suggesting a change in ours I'm just wondering if any others would make your playlist.

I like the Italian one, it's very upbeat, quite noticeable at all the F1s!

The Italian one, that is the highlight of the World Cup. The Russian one too.

Ever heard the Jamiacan one. Remember is being played when England played them in the World Cup warm up. Went on for about 5 minutes and was a reggae track.

I know this is going to cop me a bit of flack on here....but ours is awful. Dull, turgid music and words which I personally could never sing as I don't believe in them.

Last edited:
I know this is going to cop me a bit of flack on here....but ours is awful. Dull, turgid music and words which I personally could never sing as I don't believe in them.

I don't think our anthem being dull matters,it's what it stands for,and our history is prove of that,too many men and women have died wearing the crowns uniform,for me to call the anthem boring,especially today of all days,it's my countrys anthem,and by god i'll sing it.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Agree with others on here, the national anthems of France and Italy are good, and I think my favourite would have to be the Russian one.

Always loved the East German one. But then I was a member of the Stasi. Oh the good old DDR.

Have to agree here as well, it was a good, stirring tune that I used to hear a lot when watching on TV all those male East German women continually winning gold medals in athletics and swimming.

National Anthem of the GDR

Back