• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National Express rocks !

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
I hope all those defectors from C2 are enjoying the journey on our crowded, comparitively ancient and non a/c trains today. Sharon and Tracy talking about their sex lives haven't found their way onto my carriage fortunately.

If this unexploded bomb has been there 60 years why the big panic now? if it explodes it can only improve the area where it currently sits'.

My trains were more overcrowded than usual today so I knew that there was something up on C2C.

I was looking around the carriage today and I realised how small the seats are for Britain's ever expanding butts. In the row opposite me there were three porkish kinda people not dramamtically overweight but biggish and they were all squashed in like sardines on their seats with the person on the end having a significant "bum overhang". Personally this isn't a problem to me but I can imagine it must be so annoying when you have paid your money but you're seat isn't big enough. If I was overweight then one thing I wouldn't do is wege myself into a seat which is half the size. I've seen plenty of people do it and it's cringeworthy....

There also seem to be a lack of train etiquette aswell lately. Last night I was sitting on the train and the lady in front of my slided her leg into my leg space rather slyly! I couldn't believe the cheek of it, so a quick dig in her shins by "mistake" soon sent it retreating back into her own space.

Who says commutting to London isn't fun?!

i have to say i am so glad i don't commute, i really do think it would send me totally barmy.

i have to say i am so glad i don't commute, i really do think it would send me totally barmy.

It may send you barmy but it's al part and parcel really. Must admit despite the trains I love working in London and it's nice to feel like you have two lives, one at home and the other up in the City with an extension to your social life. Its great.

Commuting never bothers me because I use the time constructively and am always either doing something on the laptop or reading a technical book if I can't get a seat.

If you sit on a train reading celebrity lifestyle magazines you are just wasting two hours of your life each day.

Exactly Cyril, I always use the time well, work on the laptop, reading manuals or white papers, learning lines for my next appearance on the boards, even sometimes enjoying a good book.

It is a great 'me' time before getting into work or home to the wife and children.

Commuting never bothers me because I use the time constructively and am always either doing something on the laptop or reading a technical book if I can't get a seat.

If you sit on a train reading celebrity lifestyle magazines you are just wasting two hours of your life each day.

Well I read The Sun and the information I learn in there each morning sets me in good stead each day. For instance, this morning I get in and was able to hold a conversation with my desk neighbour about The New Big Brother which starts tonight and I had all the facts as I read them this morning. I always stand by my moto "if it's not in The Sun then it's not true"........

Well next month I shall be starting the daily commute on the C2C - from all of Southend East to Benfleet ;)

Might have a moan on here everyday if I dont get a seat!

For anyone who uses c2c they are advising not to use it from 8pm this evening until tomorrow after 10am, but they will be seriously delayed all day tomorrow, so tickets are valid on the other line.

Come on people, who is going to be the first to blame Network Rail/c2c/National Express for this most recent disruption?

National Express is like 2 completely seperate entities. When I'm back and forth between Ipswich and Southend, the Ipswich to Shenfield leg is brilliant. But the less said about the Shenfield To Southend Vic leg, the better......the 'reserve' line if you will, with all the crappy hand-me-down trains and stations.

Come on people, who is going to be the first to blame Network Rail/c2c/National Express for this most recent disruption?

From the BBC

An unexploded World War II bomb started to tick and ooze liquid as experts tried to disarm it, police have said.

The large bomb was found in a river at Sugar House Lane, near Bromley-by-Bow Tube station in east London, on Monday.

Rush-hour travel was disrupted as overnight work to make the bomb safe continued into Thursday morning.

Police commander Simon O'Brien said: "It started to tick and ooze some pretty horrible substances." It stopped ticking when doused with liquid.

'Hero colleague'

Ch Supt O'Brien said the military disposal team's work over-ran because "the risks got greater and greater".

"One of our hero colleagues from the royal engineers went back into that bomb four times, which is extremely unusual," he added. "I think he was very brave."

A 200m (656ft) cordon is in place around the bomb and services will be disrupted again when the bomb is removed after 2200 BST on Thursday.

"Military experts will remain on site until the device is deemed to be completely safe and is removed," a police spokesman said.

EEEK !!!

National Express is like 2 completely seperate entities. When I'm back and forth between Ipswich and Southend, the Ipswich to Shenfield leg is brilliant. But the less said about the Shenfield To Southend Vic leg, the better......the 'reserve' line if you will, with all the crappy hand-me-down trains and stations.

Not sure where you get that idea from. The Southend line had the sliding door trains it's got when the Chelmsford line was still on the very old slam door trains. It's only now the Chelmsford line's got it's newer ones that the Southend ones look old.

Not sure where you get that idea from. The Southend line had the sliding door trains it's got when the Chelmsford line was still on the very old slam door trains. It's only now the Chelmsford line's got it's newer ones that the Southend ones look old.

Well I still think the Southend ones look pretty tired and grubby, but I've only been using the line regularly for 8 months. When did the new trains come in on that line?

Back