• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National Incident Declared. Polio.

I asked my parents and they told me that I had one injection in my very early months that covered several diseases including polio, TB, whooping cough and measles. My mum said she had a 'red book' that recorded the details.

I asked my parents and they told me that I had one injection in my very early months that covered several diseases including polio, TB, whooping cough and measles. My mum said she had a 'red book' that recorded the details.
Wonder who thought of that idea first. Government or TV

1656079851919.png

No that's for BCG (for TB) which oddly I never had until my mid 30s. @MattE ask your GP it'll be on your medical records.
If I remember rightly the six needles which spread fear and alarm was actually the test to see if you needed the TB jab. Needless to say the six needles just pushed something under the skin to see if you got a reaction and was pretty painless. The actual injection for the innoculation was like a wasp sting , rather painful. I think most people have a scar following their smallpox vaccination, For polio the pink sugar lump was a breeze. Thank you Jonas Salk. Always remember his name. He should have got a medal. Actually he did, loads of them.

Back