• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League 2020/21 - who goes up, are we bothered?

It worked out well!

Never want to return to the Victoria Ground, but thought the ref in this one was poor.
If these were two of the top teams, I'm pretty sure we can give the NL a proper go, assuming the recruits keep-a-coming.

PS. when the commentator mentioned TWICE we are a National League team next season, I still winced!

At least Gull from Torquay will be happy. He was accusing us of stopping their chances on a promotion, the league maintained its integrity etc.

Now we can play each other and find out and no one else can point the finger forever more.

Wow.....that was an exciting game. Great to see the Gulls keeper score with a thunderous header. Penalty shoot outs are so dramatic, even if you don't really care which team wins.

Torture is a reasonable place to go for away game, better by miles than Hurtpool.
What has happened to Hells Bells,does she still support them?

It worked out well!

Never want to return to the Victoria Ground, but thought the ref in this one was poor.
If these were two of the top teams, I'm pretty sure we can give the NL a proper go, assuming the recruits keep-a-coming.

PS. when the commentator mentioned TWICE we are a National League team next season, I still winced!
What did we have to do with that match? Commentator can **** off!!

Having watched a few NL games close to the end of their regular season (as the reality of our inevitable relegation started to really dawn on me) and all of the playoff games... I am really concerned about our next few seasons. NL is a very, very competitive league with a number of decent clubs. It is not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

NL really should be added to the EFL as a fourth league.

Yes, the officials are dreadful. I would usually say that it evens out over the course of a season as they will be woeful for both teams in a given match, but in one-off games like yesterday the ref cost Torquay dear.

I suppose we all have our personal "We really are non League" moment.

Mine happened a few days ago when realised with Southend going out of the EFL I have gone another tick backwards in the 92 target.

I suppose we all have our personal "We really are non League" moment.

Mine happened a few days ago when realised with Southend going out of the EFL I have gone another tick backwards in the 92 target.

Luckily* I already have Sutton in the bank or I’d’ve lost two. Must be under halfway in the 92 these days - so many Northern tinpotters I just can’t be bothered to visit.

*Some may argue that this is bad luck. Including me.

Luckily* I already have Sutton in the bank or I’d’ve lost two. Must be under halfway in the 92 these days - so many Northern tinpotters I just can’t be bothered to visit.

*Some may argue that this is bad luck. Including me.

Sutton don't count in the "official" rules as they were not in the league at the time.

With each PL team that gets a new stadium I go backwards as I have no desire to go to even a London PL game. Us Shrimpers missed out on a few ticks last season.

There are 11 grounds I've yet to do in the NL, but not sure I'd be making a bee-line towards Weymouth (two miles outside the town); Eastleigh (there's a great chapter in one of his books by Bill Bryson who pans the place); and Solihull (another two plus miles from the nearest station).

Will gamble that Wrexham, Chesterfield and Stockport some day return to the FL, so can knock them off my to-do list.

I quite like the idea of quaint grounds like Maidenhead's (only a half mile from the station); Kings Lynn's 'The Walks', and Wealdstone's 'Grosvenor Vale' - but not sure how many of us are going to fit in this!101_3811.jpg

Last edited:
Where's that little gremlin Torquay fan who joined the forum when we appealed the relegation because it might've stopped Torquay's imminent promotion :ROFL:

Back