• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League 2020/21 - who goes up, are we bothered?

Having watched Hornchurch play Hereford in the FA Trophy at the weekend (massive congrats to Hornchurch) it was a real reality kick to realise that we'll be playing in that next season.

The standard was pretty damned poor - we have a whole season (at least) of watching that - thanks Ron!!

Just looking at league two for next season orient have only to localish games Sutton and colu
We may be non league at least we should have a better time going away well for one season then we will be ****ed off going to these ****e ground s
Kind of like the idea of going quaint.
Am also assuming it won't be Ripoffville like the Prem when it comes to concessions, and lest ye forget, Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts, Wrexham and Halifax have grounds to equal the Hall.

Pleased for Sutton, and covered them at one stage.
They reaped the benefits of prudent, fiscal dealings and the managerial skills of Paul Doswell for 10 years.
Remember, they also made the fifth round of the FA Cup against Arsenal in 2017, and ploughed every penny back into the club.
Think chalk and cheese when comparing their head honcho, Bruce Elliott with Ron.

Having watched Hornchurch play Hereford in the FA Trophy at the weekend (massive congrats to Hornchurch) it was a real reality kick to realise that we'll be playing in that next season.

The standard was pretty damned poor - we have a whole season (at least) of watching that - thanks Ron!!
Neither of those sides play in the National League, Hornchurch are in the seventh tier and Hereford are in the sixth.

Sutton United latest

Over 1,000 fans were in attendance to see them over the line - Rob Milsom opening the scoring when his free-kick was fumbled over the line by the Pools' keeper Brad James.

OVER A THOUSAND ...!!

Indeed but they beat National League sides to reach the final. Hornchurch beat Notts County in the semi final!
That’s true but this cup competition it’s not always the priority of the bigger clubs in the NL.

Still don't care.

Can't even begin to think about playing NON league football week in and week out ?
I tend to agree, but there are at least 11 other former league 2 clubs that also agree, but realistically have expectations of promotion each season.

The differences that ex EFL stayed in Conference for more than 4 season, due to them sacking their managers when things goes wrong and once they have stability, they push forward and go up.

rember yeovil well a pint or two in the Arrows before the game .Very nice pub . **** away end though in there ground no stand and the lst time it ****ed down all game .

I tend to agree, but there are at least 11 other former league 2 clubs that also agree, but realistically have expectations of promotion each season.
Yep won't be easy. Guess I am still coming to terms with us being a non league club ? and I am sure there will be some interesting grounds to visit for us all but they are still non league.

No amount of new appointments or signings are making my hurt and frustration from the last 3 years go away at the moment. Good job I have SZ to vent and rant lol.

Last edited:
rember yeovil well a pint or two in the Arrows before the game .Very nice pub . **** away end though in there ground no stand and the lst time it ****ed down all game .
There are some lovely pubs in some of the villages around Yeovil, if you want to stop somewhere on route.

There are some lovely pubs in some of the villages around Yeovil, if you want to stop somewhere on route.
The worst burger ever and no debate, and I mean by a margin, was the one I suffered at Huish Park in 2017.
I ate it for a couple of days after, if you see what I mean, and believe me, over 58 years I've sampled a few!

Last edited:

Or actually in Yeovil there's the Quicksilver Mail which has a framed copy of the programme from our shock cup defeat of way back (when losing at Yeovil was actually a shock) mounted on the wall along with other matches in their famous Cup run. The landlord's father played for Yeovil in those matches.

Back