• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League 2020/21 - who goes up, are we bothered?

Three more games to go for most with automatic promotion seemingly just between Sutton and Torquay. Personally I'd prefer Sutton to go up as Torquay is almost a 'local hop' for me, plus it will bring back fond memories of our 80/81 promotion win down there, and Torquay ain't a bad place for a footie weekender either.

As for the play-off position you can perm any one from Sutton and Torquay plus Stockport, Hartlepool, Notts County, Chesterfield, Halifax, Bromley, Wrexham, and even Eastleigh (who have two games in hand). Personally I'd be happy for either Stockport or Hartlepool to join Sutton in the EFL, both are northern outposts which have been to before

But we'll all have our own preferences for different reasons ..............

Not really fussed but I was hoping to go to Torquay for a weekend but Sutton is obviously much closer

I hope Torquay finish top then their promotion gets rejected by the EFL, mainly because of it will wind that Gull guy up, I reckon you'd here his strop in Aberdeen

NOT Chesterfield or Stockport: they're grounds I've yet to visit.
Torquay's nice enough for a day out.
There will be some who've yet to experience the Victoria Ground in winter.
Hartlepool on a cold February night in the stand that's bigger than the one opposite with the North Sea 50 yards behind gave me flu!
I have never been colder at a football match, and I'm only 13 grounds short of the 92, along with just 11 short of the National League.

The biggest clubs possible to go up, please. The league is looking very tough already.

Sadly it looks like Sutton, but what a fantastic achievement for them.

The biggest clubs possible to go up, please. The league is looking very tough already.

Sadly it looks like Sutton, but what a fantastic achievement for them.

My friend supports Sutton (his late Dad captained them years ago) and we have waited and hoped for years to see Sutton v. Southend - cannot believe we will probably be changing places. A great achievement for them though if they make it.

If going down to the national league wasn't bad enough. The play off final is at ashton gate.

A final at a stadium we have played at in the league many many times.

If going down to the national league wasn't bad enough. The play off final is at ashton gate.

A final at a stadium we have played at in the league many many times.

That's only this year due to Wembley being used for the Euros

Back