• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News National League chief explains postponement procedures

I really don’t know if this continues with postponements how the National League will manage to fit in all of the fixtures? Extend the season or null and void.
I guess some people are naturally pessimistic. With potentially 21 weeks available til the end of May to play 25 games it shouldn't come down to null and void. Obviously if there's not much played by the end of February it becomes more difficult. Even if clubs have to play 3 games in a week it shouldn't be beyond professional athletes (.... I know) to put in 4 and a half hours of game time in a week.
Football needs to avoid null and void at all costs.

Dunno what the situation is regarding covid and postponements in the NL but bearing in mind Maidenhead had only 1 player testing postive for covid recently and that game was postponed -it must be fairly discretionary.Here in Spain La lLga insisnsts that a club must have 5 full professionals in their team before youth players etc are called up.Consequently there aren't too many postponements.Believe Rayo Vallecano's recent game was the only one actually called off.Espanyol had 5 people testing postive for covid on Monday (3 players +2 members of their coaching staff) yet their away game at Valencia today is going ahead.

Last edited:
I guess some people are naturally pessimistic. With potentially 21 weeks available til the end of May to play 25 games it shouldn't come down to null and void. Obviously if there's not much played by the end of February it becomes more difficult. Even if clubs have to play 3 games in a week it shouldn't be beyond professional athletes (.... I know) to put in 4 and a half hours of game time in a week.
Football needs to avoid null and void at all costs.
Oh absolutely with you Mick on this. Football does need to avoid it being null and void. I just think with the numbers the way they are and how transmissible this variant is I can see it being a struggle to get all the games played before the end of the season.

It's a really odd statement - that I'm not sure clarify's anything.

“I will then look at how many players the club has registered and it’s a basic mathematical exercise. How many do you have registered, how many COVID and I emphasise COVID, not injuries.

“And providing you have more than 14 players available including a goalkeeper then the game goes ahead. We will apply that consistently across the board."

So the first part appears to rule out injured players. But then the second part 'players available' does that include injured? As mentioned elsewhere they can't seriously include Sim as available?

Hmmm - BBC reporting Altrincham game off due to Covid and injuries

"And Altrincham's local derby with Stockport on Monday has also been postponed due to the home squad being "decimated by injury and illness".

Are the NFL following their process or has it been miscommunicated in the Echo?

Back