• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League Next Season

As for St Albans they were the better of two very poor sides tonight. 120 mins of my life lost it now way St Albans are good enough. Hoping Dartford come up

Little between the teams, neither keeper seriously tested throughout, never was going to be a high quality game hardly poor. Doubt any of the play-off hopefuls would survive more than a season in the Nat’l league.

Oldham will be a big club in the VNL next season. They have shown 2nd half of the season with their results that they have learnt what it takes to get promotion .

Went to watch Zak at Barnet last night and the game was expected. Two defensive teams playing dire football. Obviously Barnet lost and Boreham now face Notts County on Sunday, so you would expect both these to be in the National League again next season. Boreham will likely lose Zak and George Broadbent next season so it'll be interesting if they replace them with rugby players, or get a couple of ball players in. Barnet pretty much as they are, very physical and going long. One to note was Harry Smith up front who at 6 foot 5 was a real handful. Zak said he remembered him at Leyton Orient a couple of years ago and everyone finds him a handful. Could be a useful addition to our front line???? Otherwise.... Barnet will be predictable again.

Went to watch Zak at Barnet last night and the game was expected. Two defensive teams playing dire football. Obviously Barnet lost and Boreham now face Notts County on Sunday, so you would expect both these to be in the National League again next season. Boreham will likely lose Zak and George Broadbent next season so it'll be interesting if they replace them with rugby players, or get a couple of ball players in. Barnet pretty much as they are, very physical and going long. One to note was Harry Smith up front who at 6 foot 5 was a real handful. Zak said he remembered him at Leyton Orient a couple of years ago and everyone finds him a handful. Could be a useful addition to our front line???? Otherwise.... Barnet will be predictable again.
Watched part of it. TURGID is my one word description for a game where neither side could put 3 passes together regularly.
I do fear Notts C may get turned over though.
Smith,?. Not much of a footballer nor the type of what I would expect the 3Amigos to be wanting.

Good win for Boreham last night, but it will get harder from here on. I have a bit of a soft spot for them, tbh. We played them in the FA Cup some years back and at one time I used to go through the place on my way to Stevenage to get my lift to our home games. They seem commercially savvy and very efficient, as far as one can tell. They may be one of the clubs setting the pace when we get independent regulation.

Good win for Boreham last night, but it will get harder from here on. I have a bit of a soft spot for them, tbh. We played them in the FA Cup some years back and at one time I used to go through the place on my way to Stevenage to get my lift to our home games. They seem commercially savvy and very efficient, as far as one can tell. They may be one of the clubs setting the pace when we get independent regulation.
Contrast time.

It's probably/hopefully different now, but back in 2010 at the Isthmian Play-Off Final - they and fans were unspeakable.
Wood were known as a hotspot for hoolies from Spurs and Arsenal to go and cause a bit of bovver.

Not mine, but the rival paper said:
"K’s captain Francis Duku was the victim of a violent attack from a Boreham Wood fan, who jumped over the railings, punched Duku in the face and simply jumped back over unopposed by any stewards..."
Yeah, it really did happen.

Afore that, whoever answered the phone in the days preceding the match called me a 'freeloadin' Kingstonian c***' because I had the temerity to request a press pass.
I've posted this before, but hey! Why not remind the world, CPM?

Not sure how anyone can have a soft spot for Boreham. I've been a few games when Southend haven't played to support Zak, but the football is a painful watch! Luke Garrard is actually a really nice guy ... but man his tactics are s##t! Zak and George aside, they're called Bore-em for a reason!!

Last edited:
if they stick with only one automatic place I think they should make the second place team automatically be in the final. Add another team into the playoffs. And have a two legged final from the places below second then another final final at the big ground.

Woking 1-0 up. I don't know how, they've not been great. Lopata interestingly on the bench. Daly for Woking is a good, dynamic midfielder though.

Chesterfield and Notts County should be getting to the final.

And hopefully still decent food
Not sure how anyone can have a soft spot for Boreham. I've been a few games when Southend haven't played to support Zak, but the football is a painful watch! Luke Garrard is actually a really nice guy ... but man his tactics are s##t! Zak and George aside, they're called Bore-em for a reason!!
Agree totally glad I don’t follow them they would bore me to death.

I hope Notts County go up, make it an open league for anyone that finish in top 10, next season. Hopefully top 2 go up automatically and rest goes into play off.

Back