• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League owners - a mixture!

Napster

No ⭐
Aldershot Town - Shahid Azeem - successful IT company entrepreneur
Altrincham - Keep quite a firm budget and have an excellent board. https://altrinchamfc.com/pages/board-of-directors
Barnet - Ultimate owner Tony Kleanthous who is very wealthy.
Boreham Wood - Danny Hunter is long-standing owner, works in real estate -made £2m last year
Bromley - Ultimate owner parent company, R Stanton Gleaves works in recruitment and housing (major new project is in my hometown lol), they ultimately fund the club
Chesterfield - fan owned
Dagenham & Redbridge - Trinity Sports Holdings, US company, ultimate owner
Dorking Wanderers - Marc White owner/manager, about 100k net liabilities. Very tight budget.
Eastleigh - no idea
FC Halifax Town - David Bosomworth, motor trade. His group made £8.5m profit in 2021.
Gateshead - fan owned
Maidenhead United - Peter Griffin, pharma consultant
Maidstone United- Oliver Ash (real estate and sports) and Terry Casey
Notts County - Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz, Danish brothers/CEOs of Football Radar
Oldham Athletic - Frank Rothwell - entrepreneur, local. Mad as a hatter.
Scunthorpe United - undergoing takeover. but Peter Swann was chairman. He owned the Sands in Blackpool and his wife is joint-chairman of Wilkinson's.
Solihull Moors - CIC, Darryl Eales most prominent director. Worked in private equity. Owner of Debretts and many others.
Southend United - rascal Ron
Torquay United - Clarke Osborne, entrepreneur. (Telecoms, gaming, property)
Wealdstone - Unclear.
Woking - Peter Jordan, gas industry (Calor franchisee)
Wrexham- no idea lol
Yeovil Town - Scott Priestnall, worse than Ron? Bit of a ducker and diver in hospitality, fans dont like him.
York City - Glen Henderson - owns 51%, trust owns 49%. seems a nice chap - sports background.

Aldershot Town - Shahid Azeem - successful IT company entrepreneur
Altrincham - Keep quite a firm budget and have an excellent board. https://altrinchamfc.com/pages/board-of-directors
Barnet - Ultimate owner Tony Kleanthous who is very wealthy.
Boreham Wood - Danny Hunter is long-standing owner, works in real estate -made £2m last year
Bromley - Ultimate owner parent company, R Stanton Gleaves works in recruitment and housing (major new project is in my hometown lol), they ultimately fund the club
Chesterfield - fan owned
Dagenham & Redbridge - Trinity Sports Holdings, US company, ultimate owner
Dorking Wanderers - Marc White owner/manager, about 100k net liabilities. Very tight budget.
Eastleigh - no idea
FC Halifax Town - David Bosomworth, motor trade. His group made £8.5m profit in 2021.
Gateshead - fan owned
Maidenhead United - Peter Griffin, pharma consultant
Maidstone United- Oliver Ash (real estate and sports) and Terry Casey
Notts County - Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz, Danish brothers/CEOs of Football Radar
Oldham Athletic - Frank Rothwell - entrepreneur, local. Mad as a hatter.
Scunthorpe United - undergoing takeover. but Peter Swann was chairman. He owned the Sands in Blackpool and his wife is joint-chairman of Wilkinson's.
Solihull Moors - CIC, Darryl Eales most prominent director. Worked in private equity. Owner of Debretts and many others.
Southend United - rascal Ron
Torquay United - Clarke Osborne, entrepreneur. (Telecoms, gaming, property)
Wealdstone - Unclear.
Woking - Peter Jordan, gas industry (Calor franchisee)
Wrexham- no idea lol
Yeovil Town - Scott Priestnall, worse than Ron? Bit of a ducker and diver in hospitality, fans dont like him.
York City - Glen Henderson - owns 51%, trust owns 49%. seems a nice chap - sports background.
Bet he's a Family Guy 😁

Envy chesterfield and Gateshead, although not sure it would work for us. We Can't decide on onions or no onions in the snack bars. (I'm with onions btw)

Envy chesterfield and Gateshead, although not sure it would work for us. We Can't decide on onions or no onions in the snack bars. (I'm with onions btw)

It would but it would need to structured with the right individuals involved. Your not going to be deciding every decision on shrimperzone polls.

Yeovil, would not surprise me that Ron has shares or some dealings with them, also recall Dave Webb once being installed as chairman there and amazing how their decline mirrors ours too. Albeit a quicker drop out of the league.

Yeovil, would not surprise me that Ron has shares or some dealings with them, also recall Dave Webb once being installed as chairman there and amazing how their decline mirrors ours too. Albeit a quicker drop out of the league.

Thats because in the modern world of Football the only thing that matters is money. Clubs like us and Yeovile punched way above their weight, so the fall is always further.

Just over 30 years ago you could make 2nd tier football along with the likes of Cambridge and Grimsby.....Look what happened to them.

Back then not all England Footballers were millionaires but after Italia 90 and Sky, the 90's were the boom time for English football. Of course we were in no position to be a Championship club so debts mounted and thats why we got Ron.

I think we finished 18th in L2 that season so only about 11 places above where we are now. When Oldham and Scunny came down last season, I think that makes about 25 clubs that finished above us in 98 who have now been NL or have gone completely. That doesn't include teams that came in and went in that period.

The roller coaster ride in those 24 years has included one more season in the Championship and the price for that trip was so expensive we ended up nearly going bust again.

Back up to L1 in 2015 and this time we really were chasing fools gold. lots of fans were angry that PB then CP couldn't deliver promotion......Many Shrimpers were deluded and convinced we are a Championship club......We never have been and we never will be because its to late now. Look at the top 10 in L1 if you don't believe me.

Yes with a new stadium, Hollywood/Arab type owner that the same fools believe is the answer. Then yes, we could eventually have a season or 2 in the Championship. Enjoying the company of the mythical 1000's former PL fans moaning about the standard of football.

Maybe do some yo-yoing like Wigan or Rotherham......Still at least when we drop back to L1 us 6,000 will only be sitting in a soulless 16,000 seater instead of 21,000. The same people who hate Ron and wanted Kev gone just a month ago will now have new targets. They can lie to you now that its only Ron but it never will be. Those that revel in hate can never change.

The we can all look back at the time spent, the anger, the fights and 1,000,000 posts about Ron.......And think was it really worth it.

Thats because in the modern world of Football the only thing that matters is money. Clubs like us and Yeovile punched way above their weight, so the fall is always further.

Just over 30 years ago you could make 2nd tier football along with the likes of Cambridge and Grimsby.....Look what happened to them.

Back then not all England Footballers were millionaires but after Italia 90 and Sky, the 90's were the boom time for English football. Of course we were in no position to be a Championship club so debts mounted and thats why we got Ron.

I think we finished 18th in L2 that season so only about 11 places above where we are now. When Oldham and Scunny came down last season, I think that makes about 25 clubs that finished above us in 98 who have now been NL or have gone completely. That doesn't include teams that came in and went in that period.

The roller coaster ride in those 24 years has included one more season in the Championship and the price for that trip was so expensive we ended up nearly going bust again.

Back up to L1 in 2015 and this time we really were chasing fools gold. lots of fans were angry that PB then CP couldn't deliver promotion......Many Shrimpers were deluded and convinced we are a Championship club......We never have been and we never will be because its to late now. Look at the top 10 in L1 if you don't believe me.

Yes with a new stadium, Hollywood/Arab type owner that the same fools believe is the answer. Then yes, we could eventually have a season or 2 in the Championship. Enjoying the company of the mythical 1000's former PL fans moaning about the standard of football.

Maybe do some yo-yoing like Wigan or Rotherham......Still at least when we drop back to L1 us 6,000 will only be sitting in a soulless 16,000 seater instead of 21,000. The same people who hate Ron and wanted Kev gone just a month ago will now have new targets. They can lie to you now that its only Ron but it never will be. Those that revel in hate can never change.

The we can all look back at the time spent, the anger, the fights and 1,000,000 posts about Ron.......And think was it really worth it.

Tread softly because you tread on our dreams.

You might want to start supporting man city riggers. 😗.

Interesting question though...

Would we all have been happer finishing 18th in league 2 the last 30 years living within our means, but also denying ourselves of all the wonderful memories?

Last edited:
You might want to start supporting man city riggers. 😗

I gave up watching PL football years ago. Only went to one game in the last 20 years and cancelled sky after a certain tenant moved out......Its very liberating, you should try it.

Many on here could solve their small club syndrome. Rather than whinge on here with comments like "I'm embarrassed to admit i'm a southend fan at work."

You can strut in knowing your a real fan who goes to home and away games and your £20 quid is well spent on some honest lads who will even chat with fans in the bar rather than walk past with headphones on.

When some fake PL boys try to engage you as they are arguing over a VAR decision that they witnessed from the Settee end......You can smirk and say "Didnt see it...You know I never watch that nonsense"

At first they will try and sell you the PL after a while you see your now to wise to fall for the circus and in the end they will respect you and start saying things like "I must come to game one day, it sounds fun".

That is the pride in supporting your local team. Shame so many appear to have forgotten that.

You might want to start supporting man city riggers. 😗.

Interesting question though...

Would we all have been happer finishing 18th in league 2 the last 30 years living within our means, but also denying ourselves of all the wonderful memories?

No I enjoyed the memories and still do. I also know that in football for every up theres a down. For every win theres a loss. Like life you either accept it and deal with it or resort to blaming someone else.

Back