• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League propose changes to pay for injured players

In all seriousness, I'm actually pretty concerned by your recent posts.

Are you okay? There is some really unnecessary venom in some of your recent posts.

I'm no Councillor, but if you need to talk something through I'm happy for you to drop me a message.

It's one thing being passionate about your team and expressing your displeasure with players and performances, but your recent posts have a bit of a nasty edge.
I’m hoping you made a spelling mistake and meant “counsellor”. I think if someone needs a friendly face to talk something through, then the very last person on earth you would choose would be a “councillor”, especially those of the Southend species.

I’m hoping you made a spelling mistake and meant “counsellor”. I think if someone needs a friendly face to talk something through, then the very last person on earth you would choose would be a “councillor”, especially those of the Southend species.

Cool. Was a genuine offer of assistance. I think it's clear what I meant.

Murkey genuine question ,no ill intent meant , do you have a happy marriage ,because i detect some bitterness in your posts, myself i have had two bad marriages and have good reason to be bitter, but not to the extent i see from some of your posts .

Probably stop Hyde fcuking us about, actually put in work, to make sure he strengthens his weak muscles to make himself stronger for it.
Yes, what a great contribution from him this year…..think they got the better deal?

Reactions: GBJ
Would imagine the players will not be happy. They won't so keen to play through an injury, just in case it becomes more serious. Clubs, don't have to impose this. The PFA need to take the lead and act for all National League players, especially as a good number of Clubs are now full time.
It seems to me the FA don't much like the principle of longer term contracts. They first make it relatively easy for players to get out of longer term contracts. The flip side is they now make it even easier still for clubs to do the same (and when a player is most vulnerable and needing to rely on that contract).

I wasn't a great fan of the EFL....until we ended up in this tin pot league. At this moment the EFL's policy of generally expecting players and clubs to honour contracts for their duration looks much preferable.

No fan likes players who are constantly injured but to cut their salary after 4 months on the treatment table is harsh. National League players aren't on life changing money unless your playing for Wrexham.

Very poor from the FA. Hopefully clubs will do the honourable thing and write better terms into players' contracts.
Maybe that's something Southend can do to improve our tarnished reputation.

Maybe players will have to take out their own insurances and if they do I guess their agent will inevitably just add that cost into their wages , might even earn himself a few quid out of it too 😊

They’ve just had Ben Tozer, Wrexham captain, on TalkSPORT to discuss this.

The 24 captains have sent a letter to Mark Bullingham at the FA, and the National League too about this situation.

It won’t effect current contracts, but will be something that will can effect re-signing of deals, and signing of new players.

Also, any player who has played in the PL/EFL is covered by the PFA, but if you’ve never played at that level, then you have no representation in this situation.

Be very interested how this plays out, as it’s a disgusting situation. Ben Tozer mentioned he’d spoken to their CEO, Steve Harvey, who said this isn’t something they’d put into their contracts, however if they are promoted, it won’t effect them.

He said, from a WhatsApp group set up between all 24 captains of the NL, that some captains have spoken to their employers who have said they wouldn’t enforce it, however Macclesfield are, currently, the only club to announce it publicly.

Here is the letter below:

0A398C05-49CD-40C7-90CB-0E11B8CBB2E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back