• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours National League South Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care which Academy the lad has come through. If our coaches feel he can add something to our squad, then I am more than happy. There is no doubt we are short of central defenders and it is a waste to play Ralph there. He offers so much more from left back or left wing back.

Assuming the rumours are correct, he is just the type of player we should be signing, if we ever hope to get back to the EFL.
Barry cares. First wayward pass Barry will be back posting

Does anyone know if he is a left or right sided centre back?
I'm not sure, however I did read that he likes to bring the ball out from the back which sounds very positive. The Col U fans seemed very disappointed when he was released, although I think this was mainly down to cost cutting measures following Covid.

Kensdale looks to have featured very heavily for them recently, but was left out of Saturday’s squad completely. Coincidence? ?

Saw Concord on Saturday when, after spurning a first minute chance, they proceeded to lose 5-0 at home to a (good) team from 2 levels lower. Definitely something missing from their defence !!

Seen him play a few times and he didn't stand out. Seemed to be in the referees ear all match

Seen him play a few times and he didn't stand out. Seemed to be in the referees ear all match
Possibly a good thing with a centre half (the not standing out bit). The best centre halves are the ones that read and anticipate the game so well they look like they're not doing much.

Pretty much everyone on here agrees we need new blood; many on here have lamented our preference for signing older players while a significant number have urged us to look in the lower leagues for talent.
if we do sign him this does, to use a dreadful cliche, tick all the boxes.
Surely no one will be complaining?
Oh but this is ShrimperZone!

Pretty much everyone on here agrees we need new blood; many on here have lamented our preference for signing older players while a significant number have urged us to look in the lower leagues for talent.
if we do sign him this does, to use a dreadful cliche, tick all the boxes.
Surely no one will be complaining?
Oh but this is ShrimperZone!
Agreed he does fit the criteria. No doubt like many players in the past, should he do well he will move onto bigger things.

But not without a tidy sum, which is what we have so desperately missed in recent years. At least we're looking at picking up players that have potential future resale value.

Who was the last player we signed from a Conference South side?

I think Brandon Goodship was 2 levels below that before anyone suggests him.

I’ve long considered the Conf South to be the best place to find talent. It’s basically the highest level part-time players can raise to without giving up their full-time job but only a division off the largely full-time Conference. It’s where we signed Freddy Eastwood from but he won’t have been the last one.

I'm not sure, however I did read that he likes to bring the ball out from the back which sounds very positive. The Col U fans seemed very disappointed when he was released, although I think this was mainly down to cost cutting measures following Covid.

That's good. Need more players that can actually carry the ball 10 or 15 yards to push the opposition back.

Agreed he does fit the criteria. No doubt like many players in the past, should he do well he will move onto bigger things.

But not without a tidy sum, which is what we have so desperately missed in recent years. At least we're looking at picking up players that have potential future resale value
If you recruit from below the chance of resale value should be greater.
Always provided you can identify the right players.
The presence of John Sill, DC and Benno in our set up should mean they are already familiar with the identities of some lower league talent.
For what it is worth I believe that in my lifetime we have punched above our weight when we had managers in place who had an eye for players who could move up from the lower leagues (Fry, Webb and Brush/Tilson).
Could things be looking up at last?

From my mate who coached him Maldon:

He is big and quick..... prone to the odd mistake but I know Browny liked him. A good lad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back