• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours National League South Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last player we signed from a Conference South side?

I think Brandon Goodship was 2 levels below that before anyone suggests him.

I’ve long considered the Conf South to be the best place to find talent. It’s basically the highest level part-time players can raise to without giving up their full-time job but only a division off the largely full-time Conference. It’s where we signed Freddy Eastwood from but he won’t have been the last one.
Think it might be Ryan Hall from Bromley. Other contenders could be Sean Clohessy (Salisbury), Ben Coker (Histon) and Isaac Layne (Billericay) but those clubs bumped around that level so not sure of the timing. If he’s as good as Ryan Hall, Ben Coker or Sean Clohessy we’ll be more than happy.

He left Col U when he was 8?
No, Since he was 8, so he joined Col U aged 8.

He left Col U 13th Feb 2021 progressing through their youngsters, youths and Under 18s, making 6 1st team appearances and has been mentioned above, loans at Maldon & Tiptree, Bath City, Braintree during his time at Col U, leaving to join Concord Rangers.

When Orient were in the Conference they signed a good centre back from then (I think) Conference South East Thurrock.

Marvin Ekpiteta is now featuring for Blackpool in the Championship - but don’t go the cinema with him.

Pleased to say that he’s not a playing out from the back merchant.

Let’s hope our target is as good as him.

They are out there.

Who was the last player we signed from a Conference South side?

I think Brandon Goodship was 2 levels below that before anyone suggests him.

I’ve long considered the Conf South to be the best place to find talent. It’s basically the highest level part-time players can raise to without giving up their full-time job but only a division off the largely full-time Conference. It’s where we signed Freddy Eastwood from but he won’t have been the last one.
Will Atkinson’s previous outing before he signed for us this summer was in National League North…

When Orient were in the Conference they signed a good centre back from then (I think) Conference South East Thurrock.

Marvin Ekpiteta is now featuring for Blackpool in the Championship - but don’t go the cinema with him.

They are out there.
He was obviously too good for conference south when he was at concord.

They are out there.

He is one of twins. Played in the same team as Marvel at East Thurrock and also, I think, Chelmsford. Cousin Calvin also used to play at East Thurrock and loads of other Essex Clubs.

And congrats to Ricey for starting the thread. While we all love a rumour the ones that turn out to be true are the best!
And if the name mentioned is correct well done napster for being the first to name him.
That was some smart work lads.....can we do as well with the next incoming?
Who will be the next and when?

Could we have confirmation before laying these ideas of not having money or players not being paid please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back